Daily Mom’s Guide to Photography
Did you recently upgrade your point and shoot camera to a Digital SLR? Or have you been using a DSLR for a while now, but only in auto mode? Either way, using a DSLR camera can be quite overwhelming, especially with so many buttons, functions and menu screens. If you’re here to learn a little more about how to use your camera and take better photos, then you’re in the right place. The links below will take you step-by-step into the world of digital photography.
- CANON users: Getting to Know Your CANON Camera: DSLR Buttons
- Nikon users: Getting to Know Your NIKON Camera: DSLR Buttons
- Step 1: Aperture Basics
- Step 2: Shutter Speed Basics
- Step 3: ISO Basics
- Step 4: White Balance 101
- Step 5: Focusing and Focal Points
- Step 6: Understanding Your Light Meter
- How To: Shooting in Manual: Step-by-Step
Once you’ve worked through the basics of photography, it’s time to go a little deeper. Here are some of our very best tutorials as it relates to photography.
- 5 Tips for Photographing Your Newborn Baby
- 7 Tips for Photographing Your Infant
- Capturing a Year of Baby’s First Moments
- 10 Tips and Tricks for Photographing Your Toddler
- 10 Tips for Photographing Small Children
- Photographing Kids in Motion
- 10 Tips for Photographing Kids Sports
- How to: Take Photos of Your Children in Full Sun
- How to: Photograph Your Child’s Birthday Party
- How to: Take Great Family Vacation Photos
Lessons in Lighting and Composition:
- Making the Most of Indoor Lighting
- Back Button Focusing
- 10 Tips for Photographing Landscapes
- Portrait Photography Basics
- 7 Basic Photography Rules
Be sure to bookmark this page as a reference point. As we continue to write photography tutorials, we will add them back to this page as a photography resource to you.
For more photography lessons, be sure to check out our CAPTURE category.
Tags: basics, camera, daily mom, daily mom photography, daily mom photography tutorial, digital camera, digital slr, DSLR, guide, helpful hints, momtographer, photo taking, photographer, photography, photography basics, photography guide, photography tutorial, photos, professional camera, professional photography, tips, tutorial
Trackback from your site.