Coughing and winter seem to go hand in hand. Undoubtedly, you or your child will catch a cold at some point in the winter. The dry air inside and outside our homes aggravates our airways. What do you do to help ease your breathing? If you go to the doctor, they almost always recommend a cool mist humidifier. But, why? What do humidifiers do? Why are they important? Can they do more than just help to ease the common cold?
- Cool Mist Humidifier
- a device for increasing the amount of water vapor in the air of a room but does not have a heating element like a warm mist humidifier.
1. Breathe Easier– Increasing the humidity in a room helps to lubricate the nasal passages, throat, and lung passages making it easier for you to breath. This can help you fight symptoms faster and generally improves sinus issues.
2.Sleep Better– It seems like common sense: the easier we breath, the better we sleep. The more rested we are, the better mood we are in. Ultrasonic cool mist delivered from a Crane humidifier increases moisture in the air for easier breathing and a good night’s sleep
3. Stop Snoring– Many times snoring is caused by congestion, so the benefit is two fold here you get better sleep because you breath better with more moisture in the air. Not to mention, that person sleeping next to you gets a better night’s sleep.
4.Calm Asthma– Asthma is very common among children and adults alike. Adding moisture to the air and making it more optimal for breathing can help ease some asthma symptoms. Just remember to keep the humidifier clean.
5.Ward off Future Infections- The more rested you are, the stronger and healthier your body will be at fighting off future infections. Flu germs have also been known to survive better in dry conditions, adding in that moisture just might keep them at bay too!
6. Helps Tiny Airways– Newborns are obligate nose breathers for the first 4-6 months. This means that they primarily breath out of their nose, humidifiers can help to clear they passages of junk preventing them from being able to breath properly.
7. Smooth Dry Skin-Newborns lose moisture in their skin faster than adults, thus increasing the moisture in a room helps to keep their skin feeling baby soft. You’ve probably felt the effects of the dry winter air or that of your heating system on your own skin, but a humidifier will put moisture back into your skin. Skin conditions such as eczema may also show improvements when using a humidifier.
8. Help Around the Home- The dryer the air, the more static there is. Heating our home reduces the amount of moisture in the air, thus putting moisture back into the air using a humidifier can help alleviate static. The moisture that humidifiers add to dry air also helps alleviate many common nuisances brought on by winter heating such as static electricity, peeling wallpaper, shrinking wood, and cracks in paint and furniture.
Why We Love Crane:
- Designed with efficiency, function, and style in mind
- Award winning design and top rated performance
- Crane’s Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifiers provide up to 24 hours of soothing moisture to help relieve the effects of dryness and congestion
- Crane’s Drop design complements any home’s decor
- Easy to use
- Runs whisper quiet up to 24 hours
- More efficient than a household light bulb
- Include a built-in auto-shut-off feature that engages when the water tank is empty to ensure safety
- Removable 1 gallon tank easily fits under most bathroom sinks
- Clean control antimicrobial material in the base is proven to help reduce mold and bacteria growth up to 99.96%*
- Does not require a filter
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Bonus – 1 year free subscription coupon to Better Homes & Garden Magazine
EXPLORE AND CONNECT
This contest is open to all U.S. residents aged 18+. Enter using the rafflecopter below. Earn entries by signing up for the Daily Mom newsletter, visiting social media sites, and following further instructions on the Rafflecopter. Good luck!
Where: 60 Days of Giving event page
When: October 20th to December 19th
How: Here’s how to enter:
- Visit 60 Days of Giving event page to enter daily,
- Visit 60 Days of Giving giveaway on Facebook to get the notifications for prizes each day, OR
- Sign up for our newsletter to enter get the notifications for the prizes each day.