Are you in the market for a dependable convertible car seat that can last your child well into (or past!) their preschool years? Look no further than the Britax Boulevard 70-G3.
The Britax Boulevard 70-G3 is truly a seat that you’ll have for the long haul.
Our favorite features:
- Rear facing, it will fit a child from 5 pounds to 40 pounds, and/or 49 inches tall, far surpassing many other convertible seats on the market.
- Forward facing, it will fit a child until 70 pounds, and/or 49 inches tall.
- Features 3 recline positions for child comfort and safety depending on the directional position they are utilizing.
- Removable infant body pad, and a plush, easy-to-remove cover provides comfort, and can be removed without disassembling the seat for simple cleaning.
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness allows for the height of the shoulder harness to be changed without disassembling the entire car seat.
- Integrated steel bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and will reduce the flex of the seat in a crash.
- True Side Impact Protection provides deep side walls with energy-absorbing EPP foam along with a head restraint which offers a double layer of EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned.
- Certified for aircraft travel
- 8 stunning fabric options
- Features an extended, 7 year expiration life.
The Britax Boulevard 70-G3 comes pre-assembled, and only requires minimal effort to ensure a secure installation in your vehicle, either forward facing, or rear facing. It can utilize either your vehicle’s LATCH system, or a seat belt option easily. The versa-tether has two options for tethering when in the rear facing position using the Swedish or Australian method, depending on where your vehicles tether latches are located. Easy diagrams are provided on the base of the seat to ensure that your child is in the correct recline position. Once installed, the car seat feels very secure, and additional steps have been taken by Britax to make sure that you will not have to continuously remove the installed seat to either clean the padding, or adjust harness height by re-threading.
Padding and Appearance:
One of the most noticeable differences in the Britax Boulevard 70-G3 is the additional padding, making for a more comfortable ride for your child. The fabric is a mixture of a soft, plush cotton blend, as well as a moisture-wicking soft velour that is easily cleaned with just a damp cloth. The seat has an overall comfortable appearance. The entire seat is covered with energy-absorbing foam, which provides superior protection for your child, as well as comfort. The head restraint has a double layer of foam, and positions the head in an aligned way to further protect against head and spinal injury.
Britax offers many different additional accessories available for purchase, such as a removable cup holder, travel bag, seat protectors and kick mats, or even new cover sets, in case you’d like to change the appearance and refresh the padding.
The Britax Boulevard 70-G3 weighs less than 20 pounds, making traveling with the car seat easier, as well as having travel bags, or car seat travel carts available for frequent airport usage and ease.
Britax is well known worldwide for reliability and safety, and even the newest Prince George of England was recently spotted leaving the hospital in a Britax car seat!
From One Mom To Another:
Searching for a convertible car seat can be overwhelming, however, I kept returning to the Britax Boulevard 70-G3 because of the well known name and reputation surrounding the Britax brand. Britax has long been a leader in child car seat safety, and has innovative designs that are constantly being evaluated for their safety. The long shelf life of this product makes the higher price tag worthwhile, as many other seats do not feature such a high weight and height limit (fitting my child longer) or an extended 7 year expiration shelf life. The seat is high quality, and lives up to the brand’s prestige.
Photo Credits: The Memoirs of Megan