Are you ready to retire your bulky travel system stroller for one that is lightweight and easier to store, but you don’t want to sacrifice style or your back? Then let us introduce you to one of Chicco’s newest umbrella strollers, the Echo.
The Echo stroller by Chicco is a light weight and compact stroller that combines comfort for your child with all the functionality we look for as parents. With its 41.5″ handle bar, the Echo is one of the taller umbrella strollers on the market.
Vibrant Color Options
While Chicco offers several umbrella strollers, we were attracted to this particular model because of the attractive color options. In fact, the Echo is available in six easy-to-clean color options (left to right): garnet, coal, amber, turquoise, cyclamen, and jade.
On top of the vibrant colors, an embroidered seat pad, European wheel styling, and colored rear tubes combine to make this stroller really pop! That said, we found this stroller to be much more than a “pretty face.”
Straight out of the box, assembling the stroller is almost as easy as snapping on the wheels and the canopy. The instruction manual is easy to follow and the illustrations are very clear. Within 10 minutes or so, you’ll have this stroller out of the box and on the sidewalk, which is exactly where your child will want to go.
One thing you’ll appreciate about this umbrella stroller is that opening and folding the Echo is pretty simple. With both hands on the handles, step on the release pedal and squeeze the frame together. Once folded, there is a latch that holds the stroller closed.
Opening the stroller is just as easy. Simply un-clip the latch on the side, unfold the frame and step on the rear locking mechanism. It takes a little practice at first, but we found it to be relatively simple as compared with other strollers.
Features We Love About the Echo
- Dual front wheels with suspension and locking swivels make this stroller quite easy to maneuver.
- The rigid, padded backrest can be fully reclined with one hand and adjusted to 4 different positions. We know that most children want to be able to sit up and look around. We also know that a stroll through the park can often make even the most active children fall asleep. When they do, it’s incredibly easy to move into a reclined position so your child can nap while you walk.
- The Echo is light weight at just 17 lbs and ultra-compact. The carry handle makes it practical and easy for storage and travel.
- A mesh storage basket underneath provides amble space to keep snacks, blankets, or anything else you or your child wants to bring along. We were thrilled to see an umbrella stroller with this type of storage. We got almost as excited about the cup holder, too!
- A stylish rear canopy with a zip off rear flap helps to provide protection from the elements, and zips off to allow air flow. You can also use it to peak in on your little one while they’re sleeping.
Finally, with safety in mind, the Echo comes with a 5-point harness. It also has padded shoulder straps that can be adjusted to meet your child’s size. While we were interested in this stroller for toddler use, the Echo is great for children 6 months old to 40 lbs. Since our little peanut only weighs 25 lbs, the Echo will be getting great use for a few more years.
So, if your child loves to go for a stroll, go ahead and pick out your favorite Echo color today.
Do You Love the Echo as much as we do?
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER STROLLER GUIDES TO FIND SOMETHING THAT FITS YOUR FAMILY!
Jeep Jogger Adventure Stroller
Trip by Inglesina
Joovy Caboose Too
Fuze by Summer Infant
Joovy Zoom 360
City Select by Baby Jogger
BOB Revolution Duallie SE
Baby Jogger City Lite
Mamas & Papas Armadillo
The First Years Jet Umbrella Stroller
Inglesina Twin Swift
Photo credits: Ashley Sisk