Cloth Diapering Accessories
Photo Credit: Amanda T.
If you are starting on your cloth diapering journey there are a few things you need to get started. Obviously, there is the upfront cost of the diapers themselves and a few other things need to be factored into your budget. Don’t worry, you are still going to save a ton of money and help the environment out in a massive way. Some of these accessories are essentials and some are optional things that will make your life a little easier.
- Wet bag– A wet bag for the diaper bag is essential. Invest in two so that if one is in the wash and you need to run an errand you have a backup.
- Pail and pail liner– Diaper genie and other popular pails for disposables won’t work for cloth diapers. Get yourself a pail and pail liner like these. Or, a simple bag this this one from Fuzzibunz with a zip-open bottom makes washing the diapers quick and easy. A hanging bag can be more convenient for small spaces since it won’t take up any precious floor space.
- Diaper sprayer– This is one of the items that makes modern cloth diapering more convenient, the diaper sprayer does the dirty work for you.
- Detergent– you need to use a detergent designed for your cloth diapers or a “clean” detergent that won’t build up on the diapers. A few recommendations would be Charlie’s Soap, Rockin Green, or BumGenuis detergent.
- Wipes– You will already be doing the laundry so consider making the switch to cloth wipes. Cloth wipes are going to increase your savings and your positive environmental impact.
- Hemp inserts– This only applies if you have chosen to use pocket or pre-fold diapers. Hemp inserts are much more absorbent and will be very useful for everyday use if you have heavy-wetter or ensuring the diaper can last all through the night.
- Clothes line– Consider having a clothing line set up outside for drying the diapers. Even if this isn’t something you want to do on a regular basis, when you get a stain that just won’t lift let the sun bleach it out for you. You can keep it simple and take your drying rack out for the day if a permanent line won’t work for you.
Tags: all-in-one, baby registry, cloth, cloth diapers, cloth wipes, clothes line, detergent, diaper sprayer, eco, eco-friendly, essentials, gear, green, green baby, hemp inserts, laundry, pail, pocket, pre-fold, rash cream
Amanda lives in Ohio with her fiancé and one year old son. She enjoys spending her days listening to amazing music while teaching her son awesomely bad dance moves. Her hobbies change monthly, but she stays constantly focused on clean eating, being green and spending as much time outdoors as possible.