The Whole 30 can be a daunting challenge for those who are accustomed to swinging through a drive-thru, grabbing take-out, or just whipping up a pre-packaged meal for dinner. The thought of having to plan out and prepare 3 meals a day for 30 days can be discouraging. Add to that the busy lives we all lead, whether working 10 hour days or toting kids to and from school, doctor appointments, and soccer, the thought of having to cook a meal EVERY night is overwhelming. However, after completing one Whole 30 and now six more, this new, healthier way of eating has become a way of life for my family.
Meal planning and prep go a LONG way to setting yourself up for a successful Whole 30, but the other useful kitchen gadget I have found is a crockpot. Some of us, myself included, can meal prep and plan, but still enjoy coming home to a fresh, hot meal at the end of the day rather than the leftover chicken and veggies we prepared on Sunday. That said, if you plan your menu for the week and include crockpot meals for the weekday evenings, you will set yourself up for a successful Whole 30.
1. CROCKPOT THAI BEEF STEW BY AGAINST ALL GRAIN
2. CROCKPOT MEXICAN BISON STEW BY AGAINST ALL GRAIN
3. CHIPOTLE BARBACOA TACOS BY AGAINST ALL GRAIN
4. WHOLE 30 SLOW COOKER SIZZLING SAUSAGE FAJITAS BY RECIPE THIS
5. SLOW COOKER KALUA PIG BY NOM NOM PALEO
6. SLOW COOKER LEMONGRASS AND COCONUT CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS BY NOM NOM PALEO
7. WHOLE 30 AND PALEO POT ROAST BY NOSHTASTIC
8. BEEF AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH STEW BY NOSHTASTIC
9. SLOW COOKER PALEO TURKEY AND VEGETABLE HASH BY RECIPE THIS
10. PALEO SWEET POTATO HASH IN THE SLOW COOKER BY RECIPE THIS
These recipes give you some variety and should at least get you off to a good start on your Whole 30. After that you’ll be feeling energized and excellent, wanting to continue on this path to a healthier you.