Craft Your Own Christmas Ornament Wreath
Making a wreath is a fun tradition to challenge yourself artistically every year, and the materials are so affordable that it’ll leave you coming back, year after year!
The best part about this DIY craft is that it has the potential to be very affordable by purchasing discount bulbs either after Christmas, or even in your local facebook Buy/Sell/Trade group. Also, the possibilities for a Christmas wreath are endless!
- Backing of the wreath. You can use poster board, cardboard, a pool noodle, a crafting styrofoam wreath, or even an inexpensive artificial pine wreath.
- Christmas balls in various sizes
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
- Arrange your ornament balls starting with the biggest first to cover as much surface area as possible.
- Use smaller ornament balls to “fill in” the gaps.
- Once the ornament balls are arranged, use the hot glue gun to secure them down and in place.
- Add other decorations, ornaments, or even burlap ribbon to spice it up.
We love this craft because it’s easy to involve your children in, since it’s so easy, and foolproof! You can also incorporate your DIY Photo Cube Ornament into the wreath every year by adding a hook in the middle of the wreath to hang it up loud and proud. Let your creative juices flow!
Check out Daily Mom’s Guide to Christmas
for more holiday articles and gift guides!
Photo Credits: The Memoirs of Megan