DIY Photo Cube Ornament
Add a little personalization to your Christmas tree this year with this easy-to-make, festive photo ornament! You can use Instagram photos, family photos, or make one featuring each of your children! This ornament is also a great, affordable gift option for those family members who seem to have everything.
- 1 foam craft cube
(we used a 3″ x 3″ cube)
- 6 square photos printed out the same size as the sides of the cube, or cut down to fit
(Instagram photos are perfect for this!)
(we recommend Tacky craft glue)
- 1 jewelry screw eye
(like these to hang the ornament)
- Festive ribbon
- Optional: glitter for the edges
Assembling Your Ornament:
- Glue your photos to the sides of the foam cube. Our cube had slightly rounded corners, so we rounded our photos a little to fit better.
- If you want to add a little bit of pizzazz to your ornament, coat the edges one at a time in glue and then dip in a pile of glitter.
- Wait for your ornament to dry.
- Once dry, screw your jewelry screw eye into one corner of the cube – whatever corner you would like your ornament to hang from. It’s a good idea to apply a little bit of glue (we used our trusty hot glue gun) before screwing it in so that it has a nice, long-lasting, secure grip.
- Lace a thin piece of ribbon through the screw eye and tie into a loop. You can then take some thicker, festive ribbon and tie a big, pretty bow at the base of the loop.
- Hang your ornament up and enjoy or give it as a gift!
The great thing about this ornament is that it is extremely affordable to make (we spent about $6 at a local craft store) and the foam block makes it light enough to hang anywhere.
Check out Daily Mom’s Guide to Christmas
for more holiday articles and gift guides!
Photo Credit: Dreams To Do
Tags: Christmas, Christmas ornament, daily mom, DIY, DIY Christmas ornament, DIY ornament, DIY photo ornament, easy, family, helpful mom resources, holiday, instagram, Instagram photos, keepsake, mom tips, mommy tips, ornament, photo keepsake, photo ornament, photography, photos, tips
Ariel is a recently turned stay-at-home momma of three little ones to her high school sweetheart. When she isn’t busy playing with her young kiddos (or running around frantically), you can find her writing on her personal blog, Dreams To Do. Ariel is a lover of inspirational words, photography, coffee, reality TV, and of course, her family. You can connect with Ariel on Twitter and Facebook.