There’s nothing like a hot cup of coffee on a beautiful fall morning. And nothing says fall more than pumpkin! Combine the two and what do you get? A delicious coffee treat, reminiscent of pumpkin pie! Try this easy pumpkin spice latte recipe — you’ll likely have all the ingredients on hand. You won’t be disappointed!
Makes 2 lattes
6 oz strong coffee (double strength or espresso)
3/4 cup cup hot milk (any kind — yes, even skim!)
2.5 teaspoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Brew double strength coffee or espresso and split it between 2 mugs.
2. Heat the milk in microwave or on the stove top.
3. Combine the hot milk, sugar, vanilla and spices in blender. Use the liquefy button on the blender until the milk is frothy — about 30 seconds. It should look like the picture below.
4. Pour half the hot milk mixture into each mug. Use a spoon to scoop up the frothy milk at the bottom of the blender and top the coffee with it.
5. Garnish with extra pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com