With summer cookouts and picnics in full swing, you might find yourself looking for something different to bring to the table. If macaroni salad, fruit kabobs and chips and dip have been overdone and leave you feeling bored with your party feasts, try our fire-roasted jalapeño guacamole. It’s sure to be a hit at your next barbecue!
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 2 roma tomatoes
- juice of 1.5 limes
- 1/2 T of garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1 t sea salt (or to taste)
1. In a small pan, over high heat, roast jalapeños; turn frequently until skin bubbles and chars.
2. Remove and let cool on cutting board.
3. Scoop 3 avocados into a bowl and mash to desired consistency.
4. Dice onion, cube tomatoes and dice jalapeños (once cooled.)
5. Mix vegetables into mashed avocado.
6. Squeeze lime juice into avocado mix, and stir well.
7. Add salt and garlic salt to taste.
3 Simple Summer Salad Recipes
Banana Nut & Coconut Chicken Salad
Summer Sippers: Fruit Lemonades
Endive Boats: The Fun Alternative To Summer Salad
Photo credit: With A Red Bird On My Shoulder