Another fall is upon us ushering in Pumpkin spice lattes and plaid everything. Fall is an amazing season full of magical colors, smells, and flavors. The time of holiday gatherings has begun! Bonfires, date nights, holiday parties, Friendsgiving, pumpkin decorating parties, Halloween, Thanksgiving! There are so many reasons to get together with family and friends to celebrate at this time of year. Wine and festive cocktails will always be a part of many holiday gatherings, but don’t forget about the
Give your guests an option other than soda if they are deciding to avoid alcohol at your get together. Fruit juices and flavored sparkling waters have opened up new doors for creative Mocktail mixing. With the surge in sparkling water brands and flavors, the sky’s the limit for creating fun, flavorful, festive drinks for those looking to avoid alcohol for any reason this season. Adding fresh citrus and other fruit juices along with cranberries, lemon peel, and cinnamon sticks can really add some visual appeal for those thinking it’s “just water.”
Fun Mocktail Recipes
Here is a collection of some unique fun mocktail recipes for you and your guests to keep hydrated and step up your “glass of water” game! Some of these drinks are low in sugar, which will please your health conscious guests. To cut some of the sugar in any of these recipes, try replacing some of the soda and juice with fun flavored sparkling water such as cran-apple, lime, or grapefruit, or apricot.
This recipe from Domestically Blissful is a fun fall mix of apple and spices. Presenting in stemless wine glasses helps showcase one of the most popular fruits of the season!
2Pumpkin Ginger Mocktail
This drink has fall written all over it! Pumpkin is full of vitamins A and C and has anti-inflammatory properties too! Delicious and good for you!
Serving Size: 2
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin purée
- 4 Tbsp Apple cider
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1” piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- Apricot flavored sparkling water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Put pumpkin purée, apple cider, ginger, and ground cinnamon in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously to combine ingredients.
- Strain the pumpkin mix into 2 glasses with ice.
- Pour apricot sparkling water over the top until glass is filled. Add cinnamon stick for flair.
You might find you like a neutral sparkling water in lieu of the apricot. Try a few ways to find your favorite version!
This recipe would be really fun at a Halloween party, but if you’re a spicy fan, anytime is the right time. Try this recipe from Gwen at the Bold Abode Blog for a fun seasonal kick!
This sweet and very pretty Mocktail is sure to wow your guests! Bright cranberries and clean lime come together to create a crisp, sweet alcohol-free option. This recipe from Food Lovin’ Family is fun for the whole family!
5Blood Orange Bubbly
A simple, pretty drink including the dark-colored citrus fruit blood orange and rosemary is the Blood Orange Bubbly. The rosemary is optional and mostly for fragrance but really looks lovely in the glass. It is also fun for a brunch mimosa alternative.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 blood oranges juiced, plus 1 for garnish
- Plain, grapefruit, or orange sparkling water
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- In glasses filled with ice, add 2-3 oz. of the blood orange juice.
- Top the juice with sparkling water of choice.
- Add a sprig of fresh rosemary to each glass and a wheel or portion of freshly sliced blood orange.
WANT TO READ MORE?
You might also like: 15 Fabulous Fall Recipes.
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
• Newsletter: Daily Mom delivered to you
• Facebook: @DailyMomOfficial
• Instagram: @DailyMomOfficial | @DailyMomTravel | @DailyMomFinds
• YouTube: @DailyMomVideos
• Pinterest: @DailyMomOfficial