Healthy & Homemade Cheese Sticks
Do you crave the melted cheese and breaded goodness of mozzarella sticks, but loathe all the hidden ingredients that is typically found in the frozen food aisle? Check out this healthy alternative that is easy to whip up, and the entire family will love.
Your little eater may love anything that comes from a bag in the frozen food section, but this option is much healthier, preservative free, and is sure to impress! After all, who doesn’t love a yummy melted cheese stick? You can use whatever kind of string cheese you prefer to make this recipe but we always suggest using whole fat and organic, to get as much nutritionally out of this recipe as possible.
- Mozzarella string cheese
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs
- Wheat Germ
- Chia Seeds (optional)
To make the breading mix:
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
Combine ingredients and slightly brown them on the stove-top with a bit of olive or coconut oil.
To make the mozzarella stick:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease baking sheet (try using our homemade & natural cooking spray!)
- Place the breading mix in a bowl
- Whip the egg in a different bowl, and dip the string cheese stick in the egg.
- Roll it into the breading, and repeat those steps until fully covered.
- Bake 5-7 minutes
Photo Credit: The Memoirs of Megan
Tags: cheese stick, chia, family recipe, health, healthy, healthy family, healthy mom, Healthy Recipe, homemade, Mommy, mommy tips, mozzarella, optional, options, toddler cooking, toddler eating, wheat germ