Holiday Drinks to Warm Your Hands
Daily Mom writers and editors love a good holiday drink. Whether your preference is a drink that warms your hands (like our peppermint hot chocolate), or a drink that warms your heart (like our Candy Cane Martini), we have the perfect recipes for you! Incorporate these into your Christmas party as a signature cocktail, or just whip a few up for you and your husband to sip by the fire!
Candy Cane Martini
- 1 oz. whipped cream vodka
- 1 oz. creme de cocoa
- 1 oz. half and half
- 1/2 oz. peppermint schnapps
- 1/2 oz. grenadine
- Candy cane for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a martini shaker along with some ice. Shake.
- Strain into a martini glass that has been rimmed with crushed candy cane. To rim your glass, dip it into grenadine on a plate and then dip into the crushed candy. Hang a small candy cane on the rim for an added touch.
Holiday Sangria: Holiday Drinks
Whether your entertaining for a small group, or a large family gathering for the holidays, make sure you include a festive holiday Sangria. We have the perfect recipe for a yule tide drink that will have guests talking.
- Bowl or a pitcher
- 750 ml (1 bottle) Sparkling white wine
- 375 ml (1.5 cups) Cranberry juice
- 2 cups Cranberries
- 4 oz Grand marnier
- 2 apples sliced very thinly
- Orange zest
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Zest an orange and place in bottom of bowl/pitcher.
- Cut the apples length wise and thinly, than place in your bowl/pitcher along with the cranberries.
- Now it is time to add the liquid ingredients. Pour in your bottle of sparkling wine and grand marnier and stir.
- When ready to serve, top with a rosemary sprig as garnish.
It is the Christmas season and you are excited to join in the festivities but are admittedly a little jealous of your friends and all of their seasonal alcoholic drinks. You are either pregnant, nursing, or the designated driver and the thought of drinking water all night is a bit boring. Don’t fret! With this delicious cranberry-pomegranate mocktail you’ll be the one making your friends jealous as you stylishly sip away!
- 2 bottles chilled sparkling apple cider or sparkling white grape juice
- 2 cups Cranberry Pomegranate Juice blend
- Juice from 2 limes
- Fresh cranberries and pomegranate seeds
- Simply pour the juices into a pitcher and mix to combine.
- Squeeze 2 limes and add the lime juice to the cranberry mixture.
- Pour into individual glasses and garnish with cranberries and pomegranate seeds.
Makes 10 servings
Enjoy this festive drink that will leave you feeling like you haven’t missed out on a thing at any holiday party you attend!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
There is nothing more comforting on a cold winter day than a hot drink to soothe the soul. Make that a cold, “wintery” holiday season, in which case it calls for a festive peppermint hot chocolate. This recipe is so easy and tasty that you will come back to it over and over again.
This recipe will serve 4 people so make sure you share the goodness with those you love!.
- 1 quart milk (or coconut milk if you prefer dairy free)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 crushed peppermint stick
- 4 candy canes for garnish
- Whipped cream for serving
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium. Pour in the cocoa powder and the chocolate chips.
- Whisk until the cocoa powder dissolves and the chocolate chips melt.
- Add in pure peppermint extract, stir and remove from heat.
- In a mug ladle in the hot chocolate, top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint stick. Place a candy cane as garnish and enjoy.
S’mores Hot Cocoa
We don’t like to leave out the little ones as you will likely have some curious kids who want to get their hands on Mommy’s tasty looking drink! Prepare this simple recipe to make one cup of S’mores Hot Cocoa for your tot to sip while watching his favorite Christmas film!
- 2 T sugar
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 oz chopped chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cinnamon graham cracker
Combine sugar, cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, and 1/4 cup of the milk in a small saucepan. Set to medium heat and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is smooth. Do not let it boil! Add remaining milk and cook, stirring, until it is hot. Pour the hot chocolate into your favorite Christmas mug or tumbler. Add as many marshmallows as your Christmas cheer allows. Add the graham cracker as a stirrer or crumble over a mountain of whipped cream!
Fresh Yuletide Eggnog
What’s a Christmas party without eggnog? It’s like a tree without lights! Daily Mom has a recipe for fresh eggnog that will soon be an integral part of your go-to Christmas recipes and traditions.
- 8 Eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 can of sweetened-condensed milk
- ½ cup spiced rum
- 1 ¾ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Using a mixer, beat eggs until light and frothy. Add milk, condensed milk, rum, vanilla extract and nutmeg until well combined. Top with whipped cream, and garnish with fresh nutmeg.
Read more of Daily Mom’s holiday secrets in:
Check out Daily Mom’s Guide to Christmas
for more holiday articles and gift guides!
Tags: Christmas, christmas drinks, christmas guide, daily mom, DIY, easy, food n' recipes, helpful mom resources, holiday drinks, make, mom tips, Mommy, mommy tips, nest, peppermint hot chocolate, recipe