Natural Rolled Oats Muffins
Pretty much every kid in the world is born with a genuine sweet tooth. Often times, it’s difficult to get your toddler to eat anything, let alone healthy snacks and meals throughout the day. When you have a picky eater, you might find yourself resorting to getting grains, protein and other nutrients in them any way possible. An easy solution is processed, store bought cereal bars. Even the healthier, natural options still have a lot of added sugar and preservatives.
If your kids love the taste of cereal bars, but you don’t love the unnecessary ingredients, give our Rolled Oats Muffins a try. Each “muffin” is packed full of nutritious rolled oats, organic applesauce, natural honey and just a tiny bit of brown sugar. Your entire family will love them, and the best part is, you can add any of their favorite fruits, nuts or chocolate chips to each individual muffin to make the entire batch customizable to every member of your family!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1.5 cups organic whole milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Berries, nuts, chocolate chips, etc. to add to each muffin as desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line each muffin tin with a paper muffin cup.
- Whisk eggs, canola oil and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in milk, applesauce, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Whisk mixture until blended thoroughly.
- Slowly stir in the rolled oats and baking powder until mixture is consistent.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup of mixture.
- Add any berries, nuts, chocolate chips, etc. you desire to each muffin cup. Press down added ingredients with a spoon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked thoroughly. (Since this is made with oatmeal and applesauce, these will have a softer, more moist consistency than regular muffins.)
- Let cool and enjoy. Refrigerate uneaten muffins.
Our Rolled Oats Muffins make the perfect breakfast, mid-day snack or healthy party treat. They’re so simple to make and each muffin in the tray can be customized to all of the individual tastes your family has!
Photo credit: Marley Layne’s Closet
Tags: baked goods, Baking, breakfast, cereal bar alternative, eating well, healthy baked goods, healthy breakfast, healthy eating, healthy meals, healthy muffins, healthy snack, healthy toddler snacks, homemade muffins, kid food, natural muffins, oatmeal, oatmeal muffins, rolled oats
Trackback from your site.
Danielle is a Pittsburgh native who has been warming her “black and gold” blood in sunny Northern California for the past 6 years. On any given day, you can find her arranging ridiculous photo shoots of her one-year-old son Graeme and cat Gizmo, or working on any one of her 27,000 writing projects. She enjoys daydreaming about becoming a famous actress and starting a handful of different businesses with her husband over glasses of wine in the evenings. Someday, she hopes to travel the country in an RV with her family… but she needs to sell that novel first. You can follow her journeys through her blog With A Red Bird On My Shoulder