Nothing says fall like Football Sunday! Whether you’re tailgating at the game, or watching it on the big screen from the comfort of your couch, one thing is a must: delicious snacks. Don’t pop open a can of boring old salsa this Sunday. We have the most mouth-watering recipe for pumpkin mango habanero salsa that will set your tastebuds on fire in all the right ways!
- 3 habanero peppers
- 1 mango, cubed, very ripe
- 1 medium red onion – 1/2 inch slices
- 1 – 8 oz can of pumpkin pie filling
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- 2 t of salt
- 1 t of cuminf
- 1.5 T of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat habanero, mango, onion and garlic evenly in olive oil in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, mix evenly. Turn oven to broiler and roast for 5 more minutes on same rack.
- After 5 minutes, move pan to top rack and broil for an additional 4 minutes until the habaneros start to blister.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Wearing food prep gloves, de-stem and remove seeds from habaneros.
- In a food processor, blend habaneros, mango, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin and pumpkin pie filling to desired consistency.
- Place in fridge for at least two hours to let flavors meld.
This salsa is sure to become a fall snack staple in your house; and your friends will be begging you for the recipe!
Photo credit: Marley Layne’s Closet