3 Healthy Frozen Treats
Avoid the popsicle aisle this summer (& the extra sugar) by whipping up some naturally sweet and healthy treats in your own kitchen. Here are three easy ideas that your kids (& you) will love!
Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Put your choice of yogurt in a plastic sandwich bag. Use greek yogurt for an added protein punch.
- Cut off one corner of the bag and squirt drops of yogurt onto a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Put tray of yogurt bites in freezer.
- Once frozen, you can store in a plastic freezer bag.
Applesauce & Berry Pops
- Fill popsicle molds half way with applesauce (if you don’t have popsicle molds, this Tovolo Star Ice Pop set is great!).
- Push fresh berries of your choice down into the applesauce (sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries).
- Fill in any extra space in the popsicle mold with more applesauce.
- Freeze and enjoy!
Frozen Berry Kabobs
- Gather an assortment of fresh berries and fruit (suggestions: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, pieces of banana).
- If you have toddlers, make sure you slice any grapes, blueberries, or anything round in half. Also cut strawberries in half for easier eating.
- Put your fruit/berries on wooden skewers and freeze on a cookie sheet.
- Cut off any sharp ends from the wooden skewers before giving to your children.
Now go enjoy the summer sun and a yummy, healthy frozen treat!
Photo Credit: Dreams To Do
Tags: applesauce, daily mom, dessert, DIY, easy, family, frozen dessert, fruit, greek yogurt, health, healthy, Healthy Dessert Recipe, kid's, mom, mom tips, Mommy, mommy tips, natural, natural living, organic, parenting, popsicle, recipe, save, summer, summer dessert, sweet treat, tips, treat, yogurt, yummy