Are you a gluten-free family and stumped for dinner this week? We can help you out with these 7 delicious, healthy, and easy gluten free meals!
1. Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Place chicken thighs on a baking sheet or baking dish, and brush the mixture over each thigh.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
2. Swirly Crustless Quiche
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients except coconut oil, and set aside.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with oil, and pour egg mixture into pan. For the swirled effect, use a fork to create circles in the mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the edges are brown. The quiche will puff up while baking, then deflate when removed from the oven.
3. Lettuce Wrapped Burgers
- Your burgers should already be seasoned and cooked, whichever way you prefer (on the grill, in the skillet, in the oven, etc.) If you want a cheeseburger, go ahead and add the cheese.
- Place the piece of lettuce under the burger, and pile on any other toppings you want.
- Wrap the lettuce completely around the burger (or as far as it will go), and enjoy a refreshing gluten-free crunch to your burger!
4. Spaghetti Squash with Marinara
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- parchment paper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 TSP black pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 QT crushed tomatoes
- 1 QT whole canned tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 TBSP fresh basil, chopped
- In large pot, brown the beef with 1 TSP pepper. Drain and remove to a bowl when finished.
- Heat olive oil in same pot and add onion, garlic, and green pepper. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients (plus the meat), and mix well.
- Bring everything to a slight boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place squash cut side down on baking sheet, and sprinkle 3 TBSP water around the squash.
- Roast until tender (not mushy), about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn right side up to cool.
- When cool, take a fork and shred the squash.
- Serve the marinara sauce over the squash and enjoy!
5. Chipotle Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 1 serving homemade taco/fajita seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- olive oil
- 1 cup corn
- ½ each of red, orange, and green bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 servings of brown rice, cooked
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- ½ a lime, juiced
Optional: black beans, avocado, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and hot sauce
- Prep chicken with MARINADE ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, cilantro, and chipotle peppers. In a small bowl, combine the seasoning and olive oil. Pour over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge for an hour. (Pull out the chicken about 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook, so it can warm up a bit).
- In a deep skillet or cast iron skillet, heat up 2 TBSP of olive oil and 2 TBSP butter over medium-medium high. Adjust the heat as you cook so the chicken doesn’t burn. Cook two chicken breast halves at a time for 5-6 minutes per side, or until fully cooked. Set aside and repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Wipe out any charred bits from your skillet, then cook the corn over medium heat until they are deep golden and start to pop. Set aside.
- Pour 1 TBSP olive oil into skillet. Cook the peppers over medium-high until they are to your liking. Set aside. Repeat with olive oil and cook onions. Set aside onions with the peppers.
- Chop the chicken into smaller than bite-sized pieces. Place chicken into skillet and keep warm over low heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss cooked rice with the rest of the RICE ingredients.
- Fill your bowls with rice, the peppers, onions, and corn, and the chicken. Add any other optional ingredients to your liking. The possibilities are endless!
6. Ground Turkey Slow-Cooker Baked Potatoes
- 4-6 russet potatoes (however many you need for your family), washed and dried
- canola oil
- kosher salt
- aluminum foil
- 1 lb ground turkey, cooked, drained, and seasoned to taste
- Optional: sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions
- Using a fork, poke 8-12 deep holes all over the potatoes, so moisture can escape while cooking.
- Coat potatoes lightly with oil, sprinkle with salt, and wrap each individually in aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes into a slow cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 7-8 hours, until tender.
- Unwrap potatoes and sprinkle warm ground turkey over the tops, along with your favorite baked potato toppings!
7. Sausage-Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 eggs per serving
- Optional: raisins, cinnamon, savory spice
- Grate the sweet potatoes, in a food processor or cheese grater.
- Brown sausage in a large non-stick skillet. When it’s browned, add the sweet potatoes and cook for 7-10 minutes, until potatoes are soft. This is where you can add any optional ingredients to taste.
- Remove everything you don’t plan on eating right then (and save for leftovers or set aside for another serving). You are only making one serving at a time.
- Spread the hash around the bottom of the skillet. Crack 2 eggs on top, cover, and lower heat a bit.
- Cook until the eggs are done to your liking. Enjoy your “breakfast for dinner”!