Asian Beef Chips and Rice
If you’ve had a busy day and find yourself frantically trying to come up with something quick and tasty to make for dinner, our Asian beef chips and rice will leave your family asking for seconds, and quickly become one of your go-to recipes for years to come.
This dish is so simple, yet so flavorful. And best of all, you can find most of these ingredients in your pantry!
(This dish serves 4)
- 2 pounds of petite sirloin steaks
- 2 cups of rice
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 T of apple juice
- 6 T soy
- 4 T of sugar
- 2 T of honey
- 1 T of sambol olek (or chili paste)
- 1 T of sea salt and pepper
- To make your marinade: Mix soy sauce and apple juice together. Continue by whisking in sugar and honey, then sesame oil, garlic, sambol olek, salt and pepper. (It’s important to mix in this order) Set aside at room temperature.
- Slice sirloin thinly on a bias into 1 inch bite-sized squares.
- Reserve 1/4 of your marinate for use late. Mix the remainder with beef, and refrigerate for at least one hour up to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to begin, start cooking rice. Bring out marinade/steak mixture, and allow steak to rise to room temp for about 20 minutes.
- Heat griddle or flat iron on stove to medium high heat.
- Place steak pieces flat on the pan. Cook no more than 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve on a plate with rice and pour your reserved marinade on top for added flavor.
Photo credit: With A Red Bird On My Shoulder
Trackback from your site.