Banana Nut & Coconut Chicken Salad
Have you been searching for a way to bring new life to your chicken salad? Our banana and coconut encrusted chicken salad recipe will have your mouth watering before the first bite even hits your lips!
(makes 4 dinner-sized salads)
- 1 medium head of romaine lettuce leafs, chopped.
- 2 carrots, shredded.
- 1/2 a head of radicchio lettuce, sliced.
- 1 small container of cherry tomatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced.
- 3/4 lb. of thinly cut chicken tenders
- 1 raw egg
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 t of salt
- 1 t of pepper
- 2 cups of crushed banana nut crunch cereal
- gorgonzola cheese
- 7 oz of coconut oil
- 1 small package of cooked sweet potato fries
- Mix flour, pepper and salt in a bowl.
Scramble raw egg in 2nd bowl.
Crush cereal/granola in a 3rd bowl.
Bread the chicken by thoroughly coating it in the flour, egg and then cereal on both sides.
Place the coconut oil into a pot on medium heat.
Once the oil is hot, place chicken into the pot and fry for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely and thoroughly.
Remove chicken from pot, pat access oil off with a paper towel, slice and set aside.
Combine chopped romaine, radicchio, carrots, tomatoes, sweet potato fries, hard boiled eggs, gorgonzola cheese and chicken.
(This salad can be complimented with blue cheese dressing or a raspberry vinaigrette.)
4 Reasons Why You Should Be Cooking With Coconut Oil.
And if you’re looking for more great salad ideas, be sure to read:
Easy And Creative Salad Recipes.
Photo credit: With A Red Bird On My Shoulder