Carrier Guide: Ergobaby Organic Structured Carrier
Looking for a comfortable and easy-to-use baby carrier made with green textiles? Then look no further than Ergobaby’s Organic Baby Carrier. As the name says, Ergobaby keeps baby in an ergonomic position so you can both be comfortable for extended babywearing. Babywearing is a great way to bond with your little one as well as get things done while keeping him close!
Back and front carry positions. Ergobaby can also be used for hip/side carry as well.
All of Ergobaby’s carriers are structured to ensure ergonomic positioning of baby and comfort for you. With Ergobaby, your baby is carried in a natural sitting position which is important when babywearing in order to avoid developmental issues of the hip. Baby’s weight is also distributed evenly between your shoulders and hips for maximum comfort. Ergobaby carriers can be used for front, back, and side carry positions and can support babies from 7-45lbs (for the littlest of little ones, be sure to use Ergo’s infant insert, pictured below).
Ergobaby is a great choice for its simplicity of use. How easy is it to use? Just buckle and adjust the waist belt. Add baby and pull on the shoulder straps. Buckle the chest strap behind your shoulders, adjusting shoulder straps if necessary. Finally, make any needed adjustments to baby and you’re on your way!
Ergobaby Organic Features
- Padded, sturdy waistbelt that helps distribute baby’s weight comfortably.
- Thick, cushy shoulder straps. Straps are 1″ thick and keep you comfortable during long stretches of babywearing.
- 100% organic cotton (Oeko-Tex certified).
- A hood, which boasts a UPF of 50+.
- Two easy access pockets, including a zippered pocket. The zippered pocket is very large and can hold almost as much as your purse! You can put your phone, keys, even a point-and-shoot camera in the roomy pocket. You could also fit in a diaper or two so you can leave the diaper bag at home and truly go hands-free.
Ergobaby has several different collections of carriers with special features to chose from. For the style-conscious, they also offer an impressive selection of prints & colors to choose from–there’s definitely something for every style!
Ergobaby Travel: A compact carrier that is lightweight and folds up into a pouch for easy storage and transportation.
Ergobaby Performance: A carrier featuring a mesh lining for ultimate breathability which is great for staying cool. The exterior is made of synthetic materials for easy cleaning and quick drying.
Ergobaby Sport: 1/3 lighter than the original carrier, this collection features a cotton/poly blend fabric and a back vent for breathability.
Ergobaby Designer Collection: The designer collection includes carriers in great prints such as those from Petunia Picklebottom. For colder climates there’s a Winter carrier featuring a removeable sheepskin lining and quilted muff for your hands.