Daily Mom’s favorite fall inspired beverages
Warm up your chilly autumn mornings or cool nights with a savory mug of peanut butter hot chocolate or deliciously sweet cup of caramel apple cider. Celebrate fall with our unique twists on old favorites, and try a spiced autumn sangria that will make fall your favorite season!
Easy Caramel Apple Cider
Nothing screams fall quite like hot spiced apple cider. Add in some sweet and salty caramel and top with whipped cream and you’ve got a warm drink to rival even the yummiest dessert.
- Apple Cider or Apple Juice
- Mulling Spices (we love R.W. Knudsen Organic Mulling Spices in tea bags!)
- Caramel Sauce (Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce is amazing!) or caramel candy squares
- Whipped Cream
- Optional: orange zest for a citrusy punch
The great thing about using mulling spices in tea bags is that you can easily make yourself just one cup or make a gallon or more for a party. Just use one tea bag per cup of apple juice. If you’re making a single cup, just heat your cider up in the microwave and then let the mulling spices steep for a few minutes.
If you’re making a big pot, heat it up slowly on the stove with the mulling spices. Grate in some orange zest for an added zing if you happen to have an orange on hand. Once your liquid is hot, add in as much caramel sauce or as many caramel squares as you desire. Start with a tablespoon or one square per cup and add more if you want more sweetness.
Top with whipped cream and a caramel drizzle and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
If you love peanut butter cups, try this homemade hot chocolate recipe that tastes just like the candy!
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- whipped cream
- 1 chocolate peanut butter cup, chopped
Whisk together the milk, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer and then add the peanut butter. Turn off the heat and stir well, to get rid of any peanut butter clumps. Pour into 2 mugs.
Top with whipped cream and chopped up peanut better cups and enjoy!
Spiced Autumn Sangria
Ease into Autumn with this sangria recipe that’s slightly fruity and slightly spiced with the taste of Fall. This red wine sangria is quick and easy to make and incorporates fresh fruit. Enjoy it slightly chilled on an early Autumn evening or enjoy with Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 bottle (about 3 cups) Merlot
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup orange juice without pulp
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 red delicious apple
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 2 plums
- 1 lime
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Combine wine, triple sec, and juices in large pitcher.
- Add spices and mix well.
- Leaving skins on, cube apple, pear, and plums into small chunks and add to pitcher.
- Slice lime and add to pitcher.
- Chill for several hours or overnight in order to let the fruit absorb the sangria.
- Serve over ice in a wine glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- (Be sure to add some fruit to your and your guests’ glass!)
Enjoy this sangria in the Autumn with dinner. It also tastes delicious with some cheese and crackers. Warmed brie goes particularly well with this chilled drink. Camembert, gouda, and gruyere are other cheeses that pair well with the merlot in the drink.
You can also use the same spices to make some glazed nuts to serve with cheese and crackers. Toast some pecans on a skillet until slightly browned. Add some honey and sprinkle with cinnamon and a dash of allspice and cloves. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
Tags: alchohol, apple cider, autumn, autumn sangria, beverages, caramel apple cider, caramel sauce, cider, daily mom, easy caramel apple cider, fall, fall drinks, fall inspired, fall party, family, flavored hot chocoloate, helpful mom resources, hot chocolate, how to make, merlot, mom tips, Mommy, mommy tips, motherhood, mulling spices, party, peanut butter hot chocolate, recipes, red wine, sangria, spiced autumn sangria, spiced cider, spiced sangria, stay at home mom, triple sec, unique hot chocolate, wine, working mom