Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Get ready to rev up your pizza eating experience by passing on the pizza joint and making your own homemade pizza. Not only will it save you some dough (pun intended), it is a much healthier option for you and your family. We’ll show you how to form the foundation to the perfect pizza by learning how to make whole wheat pizza dough.
This recipe makes enough dough for 1 medium size pizza. Give yourself plenty of time to make your dough! Due to the rising, it will take several hours until it’s ready.
- Start blooming your yeast. In a small bowl, combine the yeast and sugar.
- Pour in ¾ cup warm water. The water should feel like bath water, very warm but not scalding hot (105-110 degrees).
- Stir together until there are no more clumps. Try stirring with your finger.
- Set aside and wait 3-5 minutes or until the mixture has risen (it could take up to 10 minutes or longer). It should look like the photo below. If it doesn’t, the yeast was either expired or bad or the water was too cool or too hot. Go ahead and try again.
- While the yeast is blooming, mix together the flours, gluten (if applicable), and salt. Set aside.
- Pour the olive oil into the bowl of yeast/sugar/water.
- Pour that mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a fork to combine everything until all the dry has been completely moistened.
- Transfer the dough onto the counter and start kneading for several minutes, until the dough turns into a smooth, firm, springy ball. You don’t want any rips or tears. The longer you knead, the more chewy your dough will be, which is good! (If the dough is really sticky, use a bit of flour.)
- Grease the mixing bowl and the top of the dough with olive oil and place the dough inside the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise. It will take about 2 hours.
- After the dough has risen, take your fist and punch it down!
- Set aside to rise again for another couple of hours.
- Now it’s ready to be shaped and made into a yummy pizza. Bon appetite!
Tags: DIY, easy, healthy, healthy pizza, healthy pizza dough, homemade pizza, homemade pizza dough, how to, natural living, pizza, pizza dough, pizza dough recipe, pizza recipe, whole wheat, whole wheat pizza, whole wheat pizza dough
Trackback from your site.