Quinoa Veggie Muffin Patties: For The Picky Toddler
As busy moms ourselves, we know how difficult it can be, at times, to find creative, healthy recipes that will entice our toddlers and fill our desire to feed our children nutritiously. If you find yourself battling to sneak more grains and vegetables into your picky toddler’s diet, we have the perfect recipe for you!
Quinoa Veggie Muffin Patties are packed full of vitamins and nutrients, but don’t lack in flavor. With very few, yet healthful ingredients, you can provide your toddler with a fun, tasty finger food and know that he is getting a nutritious meal in every patty.
- 3/4 cup of rinsed, cooked and cooled quinoa (you can use black or white, or mix both)
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 cups of vegetables (your choice), cooked and finely diced
- 1 cup of yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 t of sweet paprika
- Once the quinoa is cooked and cooled, pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- Blend in eggs, vegetables, cheese, garlic, onion and paprika. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease regular sized muffin tins (makes approximately 12-14 full sized muffin patties)
- Place a heaping amount of mixture into muffin tins.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and slightly crispy.
Let cool and watch your toddler enjoy!
The best part about these Quinoa Veggie Muffin Patties (aside from their great nutritional value and scrumptious flavor) is how visually appealing they are. Toddlers are visual creatures by nature. If it looks fun and colorful, chances are, they will be more than willing to try it. And once they do, they’ll be hooked!
3 Healthy Finger Foods For Your Baby And Toddler
Tomato Bean Power Muffins
Toddler Eating: Healthy Tuna Salad
Photo credit: With A Red Bird On My Shoulder
Trackback from your site.