You are a mom on the go and there is simply not enough time in your morning to put on a full face of expertly applied cosmetics. You don’t want to look like a frumpy wife or mom, especially since you are already a beautiful woman, but what’s a girl to do? Take 5 minutes to try out this simple makeup routine and you’ll find that you can highlight your naturally luminous features AND still have time to make breakfast, pack lunches and find your little one’s lost shoe!
What You’ll Need
- Highlighting Concealer Stick
- Bronzing Powder
- Cream Blush
- Thick Eyeliner Stick
The 6 Easy Steps
Use a highlighting concealer to spot conceal any blemishes, blend under your eyes and highlight your T-zone (down your nose and your forehead between your eyebrows).
Create face slimming shadows with bronzer using a contoured brush around the outline of your face, on your forehead, under the apples of your cheeks and on either side of your nose.
Apply a cream blush with a large foundation brush to the apples of your cheeks. This will help the product to last longer and it applies a more even coverage.
Line only the inner rims of your eyes with a thick eyeliner stick. Keep it just on the tear line so you don’t end up looking like a member of KISS!
Apply a black mascara to your upper and lower lashes. Avoid waterproof mascaras as those can actually cause your eyelashes to dry out.
Finish with a sheer pink lipgloss!
You likely have these products at home but if you are missing one or two, or are looking for something new to update your look, here are some recommendations from our Fashion Editor, Kayla:
- For concealing and highlighting we love to use Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory. You’ll find that it covers blemishes and at the same time reflects light well, so that no one would even notice that you have a breakout!
- Bronzing powder is so essential! You may think that just because you have fair skin that you can’t do a bronzer or you’ll look like someone from the cast of Jersey Shore! We hear you! You just need to find a bronzer that is not warm – meaning that the tones are more of an ashy brown than of an orange or yellow tint. For medium to dark skin we recommend the ever affordable, Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze. For lighter skin, go with TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer because it will create a nice shadow where you contour, but won’t make you look like an Oompa-Loompa.
- Cream blush. Stick with us on this one! You might think that a cream blush looks like something your little girl’s Barbie doll wears, but trust us when we tell you that it looks great on your skin, even if it looks garish in the container! Go with our recommendation of Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink for youthful, rosy cheeks.
- We love L’Oreal products for our eyeliner and mascara. Choose the Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black and complement with Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara, also in black, for a well defined look for your eyes.
- Topping it all off with a sheer, pink gloss is necessary! Go for an unassuming lip to balance your dramatic eyes with the L’Oreal Colour Riche gloss in Baby Blossom.