We all know one of the most important things in maintaining healthy skin is to take off our makeup before bed at night. But, most makeup removers are completely full of chemicals, and sometimes using just face wash and water doesn’t quite do the trick. So, what can you do? Make your own all natural make up remover. It’s inexpensive and so easy to make!
What You Need:
- a container with an airtight seal (glass or plastic)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite all natural or organic liquid face soap (We love Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash.)
1. In a small saucepan, heat the water until it’s just boiling. This is to remove any impurities in the water. Let it cool for a few minutes, so that it’s still warm, but not too hot to handle.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the warm water. Coconut oil is solid, but the warm water will cause it to turn into a liquid, which is what you want. Stir to combine.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of liquid face soap. Stir again.
4. Let the mixture cool and pour it into your container.
5. That’s it! You’re ready to use your makeup remover!
The best part is that the coconut oil leaves your skin so soft and not at all greasy. And it smells awesome!
This recipe has a shelf life of about 6 months.