Spring Hairstyles for Little Girls
Having a little girl is so much fun, and part of that is seeing her turn into a little lady. When your little girl begins to have choices when it comes to wearing her hair, it may be difficult as a mom to choose that perfect hairstyle that fits all of her activities. Here are a few simple Spring hairstyles that can be used on all types of hair–thick or thin, long or short (just under the ears)–and we think all of these styles look very sweet.
What You’ll Need
French Twist Crown
For your little queen, give her a cute little crown that has no danger of falling off–no matter how active she is. Not only will it keep her hair out of her eyes, this hairstyle boasts an ethereal look to it.
French twists are much faster than a french braid. They are great on wet or dry hair and are perfect for a little girl who does not like to sit still for long.
- Dampen hair slightly.
- Part hair into two sections, just where the tops of your daughter’s ears meet her head.
- Instead of using three pieces of hair to begin, just use two for the twist.
- Hold both strands, twisting them around each other as you go, and gather a little more hair with each twist.
- When you come to the end of the hairline ,you can secure it with a rubber band, or keep twisting until you reach the end of the hair.
- Add a pretty clip to cover the rubber band.
Tiered Pony Tail
If you’re in a rush, this is a fast hairstyle that can be done in only a few minutes.
- Begin with slightly dampened hair.
- Part her hair horizontally, across the top part of the head about 3-4 inches back from the forehead, and tie with a rubber band.
- Move backward toward the nape of the neck and make another horizontal part 3-4 inches away from the first.
- Be sure to include the first bunch of hair when wrapping a rubber band.
- Continue to move down the head, adding parts and rubberbands until all of the hair is in a single pony tail.
- Don’t worry if your daughter has fine hair–this pony hairstyle looks just as cute with some flyaways.
We have found this to be a simple hairstyle for freshly combed and fairly wet hair.
- Part hair down the middle and put one side up into a loose pony tail to keep sections separate .
- At the crown of the head take two small pieces of hair and begin to twist around each other, gathering more and more hair with each rotation.
- Keep the twist going until you have gotten to the nape of the neck or, a variation of this, if your little girl has shorter hair you can stop about halfway back on the head and tie off with a rubber band.
For other fun beauty ideas and tips check out our SHINE section!
Photo Credit: Kirsten
Tags: baby girl, bows, children, daily mom, easy, fast, flowers, girls, girly, hair, hairstyle, hairstyles, helpful mom resources, kid hairstyles, kid's, little girl, little girl hair, little girl hairstyles, little girls, spring, style, toddler
Trackback from your site.