Summer Beauty Essentials
It’s that time of the year again! Where it’s hot and sticky, and your hair and skin are paying the price with frizzy hair and breakouts. Read on to see our list of beauty essentials for the summer that will help you battle those pesky issues and enjoy the summer, looking fabulous.
- 1. John Masters Organics Shine On: Use this to add shine and moisture to dry, frazzled hair. Best part, it’s petroleum-free, gluten-free and uses 9 certified-organic ingredients.
- 2. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray: Will give you that windswept “I’ve been at the beach all day” look for effortless, no heat hair styling. After all, who wants to use a blow dryer during a heatwave?
- 3. Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray: No need to hide from the air-conditioner anymore; this finishing spray will protect your ‘do from the muggiest of days.
- 4. Tatcha Blotting Papers: You know that shiny t-zone that just drives you nuts during the summer? Here is the solution, these babies will get rid of the excess shine without wiping off your makeup and stealing moisture from your skin (lack of moisture causes the sebaceous glands to go into overdrive creating more oil).
- 5. Cover Girl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara: Use it to define your eyes and give you extra volume. This formula will stay put as you cool down in the pool.
- 6. Lavanila The Healthy Sunscreen: A favorite of the moms at Daily Mom and for good reason, it’s a 100% natural sunscreen protecting you from both UVA and UVB rays AND it’s packed with skin healthy vitamins like Vitamin E. (Don’t forget to check out the baby line as well.)
- 7. Tarte Cheek Stain: For a natural, lightweight (comes in gel and cream formula) flush that will last all day.
- 8. Rodial Dragon Blood’s Hyaluronic Mask: Hyaluronic Acid holds its weight in water by a 1000 times! What does that mean? Use this mask once or twice a week to restore moisture to your sun loving skin. It will also plump up fine lines and wrinkles.
- 9. Naturopathica aloe cleanser: Sulfate-free gel cleanser that will leave your skin feeling clean without over-drying it. We love that it is Gluten-free, Eco-certified and animal friendly.
- 10. 100% Pure Body Scrub: Another Daily Mom favorite, this synthetic and chemical free scrub not only smells great but nourishes the skin and gets rid of the dead skin cells with rosehip and apricot oils.
- 11. Elemental Herbology Skin Drink: We know you try not to tan, but use this supple body moisturizer to prolong your tan and protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun in terms of aging.
- 12. Deborah Lippmann GEL LAB System: An alternative to gel manicures, it’s the perfect polish for summer. A high gloss look that will last long and keep your nails looking healthy afterwards.
- 13. Bliss Foot Patrol: Give some love to those poor dry sandal wearing feet. Packed with Salicylic Acid and Aloe Vera, one will get rid of dry skin and the other will leave it moist and smooth.
- 14. Sensai After Sun Mask & Sensai After Sun Emulsion: Even though you try to keep your skin protected and avoid the sun at all costs, sometimes the damage is done. Not to worry these after-sun products will give relief to your skin slow down the peeling and aging process that the suns effects will cause.
We know you, your face, and hair will thank us once you try out these products, just make sure you do one thing… Enjoy your summer, cause we know it doesn’t last long. And don’t forget to protect your skin no matter what!
Tags: 100%pure, beach hair, beauty, cheek color, daily mom, daily mom favorites, daily mom favs, dry hair, dry skin, eco-friendly, essentials, hair, hair products, health, healthy, helpful mom resources, humid, humidity, Lavanila, light makeup, makeup products, mom, mom tips, Mommy, mommy beauty tips, mommy blog, mommy tips, oily skin, organic, organic beauty, shine, shop, skincare, stay at home mom, summer beauty essentials, summer essentials, summer hair, summer makeup, summer skin, sun block, sun products, sun protection, tan, waterproof mascara, working mom
Rockie, is a makeup junkie, living north of the border with her husband and exclusively breastfed baby girl! She dreams to one day live in a sunnier and warmer city, but for now, tries to see the beauty in snow and the cold weather.She loves learning new things and enjoys the unexpected surprises life has to offer. You can catch snippets of her life at her blog, Life Unexpected, and follow her on Pinterest and Twitter.