How is rosewater made?
Benefits of Rose Water:
Referred to as the “Queen” amongst essential oils, rose water is healing, moisturizing and uplifting. In aromatherapy it is believed to open the heart chakra, and create a feeling of being loved, hence it’s use in marriage ceremonies in India to welcome guests. We love that rose water is combative against aging and soothes irritated skin; you simply spray some on to feel the benefits. The following are some additional benefits of rose water:
- In aromatherapy the scent is used to give the person a sense of being loved.
- It contains high concentrations of vitamin C, helping to brighten your complexion.
- It contains a cocktail of vitamins so it is the perfect anti-oxidant.
- Rose water can be used as a toner to balance the pH of your skin, yet it doesn’t contain any alcohol.
- It is calming and soothing, so it is the perfect remedy for stressed out or irritated skin (Do you have a sunburn or an allergy to something? Spray some rose water or dab some on your face preferably with fingers rather than a cotton pad.)
- It has been said that rose water sprayed over a baby’s crib will have them sleep better, as it will calm them down.
- It counteracts the fatiguing effects of cell phones and computers by restoring the integrity of your electromagnetic field.
- It can be used as eye drops.
- Rose water is absolutely 100% safe to ingest as it is used for cooking in many Middle Eastern food dishes.
Certain beauty companies know a thing or two about the benefits of rose water and include this ingredient in their products, while others base their whole line on it. If you’re looking for skincare products that contain rose or rose water check these products out:
If you’re like us and enjoy making your own at home masks and skin care products than you need to try this DIY mask. It is infused with rose water to calm and soothe your complexion, which is perfect for the winter weather or sunburned summer-time skin, It also includes honey which helps to keep your skin soft (want to learn more about the benefits of honey?). Try this at-home mask, that takes no longer than 5 minutes to prepare, but will have you coming back for more.
Daily Mom’s Rose Water & Honey Face Mask
What you need:
How to Prepare:
We hope you enjoyed learning about Rosewater, and the next time you make lemonade try adding in a couple drops of rosewater so your insides reap the benefits as well.
1.The Art of Making a Baby 2. Tilo Driessen