15 unbelievably beautiful sights along Route 395
Do you have dreams of the open road? Are you craving adventure? Want to experience some of the best natural wonders the western United States has to offer? California is the place to go. Gas up your ride and hit Route 395 for a road trip through Mammoth Lakes, Death Valley, Bodie, Mono Lake, and Lake Tahoe. If you are wondering why we think you should take this drive, check out these 15 unbelievably beautiful sights along Route 395.
1. Silver Lake at Mammoth Lakes offers amazing outdoor recreation like fishing, surrounded by the best views that California has to offer.
2. Located in the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains, Twin Lakes at Mammoth Lakes will make you feel like you are walking in a post card.
3. Stop at Twin Lakes for an afternoon of canoeing and a picnic.
4. The views when exploring Twin Lakes are unlike anything you have ever experienced. It is like walking around inside an Ansel Adams photograph.
5. Located in the the heart of Death Valley, Bad Water Basin offers the view from the lowest elevational point in the United States.
6. A stop in Bodie, California, a ghost town east of the Sierra Nevada, will not disappoint. Take in the unique views of this former gold-mining town.
7. Dante’s View in Death Valley offers panoramic views of Death Valley. When the weather is clear, one can see the lowest point in the contiguous 48 states of the United States, Bad Water Basin, and the highest point, Mount Whitney.
8. Visit the Mesquite Flat Dunes at sunrise or sunset for the most gorgeous colors from the sky to the sand.
9. When exploring the Mesquite Flat Dunes, look carefully for animal prints, proof of the abundant life in Death Valley, despite its name.
10. You will feel like you are living in a dream when star gazing from Death Valley at night.
11. This is a great example of why you need to drive along Route 395. This is the view along the roads of Mammoth Lakes.
12. Mono Lake is a saline soda lake and the largest natural lake completely within the state of California. Despite the high salt content in the lake, there is lots of life here.
13. The views around Mono Lake are colorful and engaging.
14. Mono Lake is famous for its tufa towers, which are mineral deposits created from the lake evaporating faster than rainfall could refill it.
15. Beloved by everyone who visits here, Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe stuns with its crisp blue water, expansive views and gorgeous evergreen trees.
Are you packing up your car for a road trip yet? We hope so. The journey along Route 395 in California is nothing short of magical.
Photo Credits: Max Whittaker, Elena Ollick – @everyavenuegirl
Tags: bodie, California, california travel, california views, Dantes View, Death Valley, desert, desert views, ghost town photo, lake tahoe, lake views, lakes to visit, mammoth lake, Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes, mono lake, photos of bodie, photos of death valley, photos of ghost town, photos of lake tahoe, photos of mammoth lakes, photos of mono lake, photos of stars, road trip, route 395, stars in the desert, travel, travel by car, travel in the western US, travel photography, twin lakes at mammoth lakes, visit california, western travel
Trackback from your site.