18 Romantic Deals for Your Valentine’s Getaway Abroad
Forget the heart-shaped chocolates and jewelry! Make Valentine’s Day big this year by booking a romantic trip for two to the Caribbean. Or, how about Switzerland? The destinations and adventures are endless with our list of great Valentine travel specials!
Mexico – Nestled on one of Mexico’s most beautiful beaches, and known for its gourmet dining and special services and amenities, Viceroy Zihuatanejo is a paradise for couples on Mexico’s Pacific coast. Enchanting two-story adobe-inspired casitas house 48 luxurious suites, and guest rooms are tucked in gentle hills above the picturesque fishing village of Zihuatanejo. The garden landscape is rich with coconut trees, rainbow-hued bougainvillea and vibrant hibiscus. The resort’s exquisite white-sand beach stretches for 600 feet along a gorgeous coastline.
To add to the romance, plan to take a plunge in the hotel’s infinity pool and experience true Mezcal tasting! Cool and inviting, the infinity-edge plunge pools in the luxurious suites at Viceroy Zihuatanejo set the stage for a stylish new amenity for couples seeking the ultimate sensual experience: ‘Romantic Immersion with Mezcal and Designer Chocolates’. The setting for romance is staged with candles surrounding the plunge pool, romantic music on an iPod, mouthwatering chocolates from famous Mexico City chocolatier QueBo and a self-guided mezcal tasting – enjoyed while immersed in your plunge pool and nibbling irresistible chocolates, which have long been considered an aphrodisiac.
Puerto Rico – Dramatically set atop a 300-foot bluff on the eastern tip of Puerto Rico, El Conquistador, a Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an easy Valentine’s Day getaway in the Caribbean. With the resort’s Romance Package, couples can enjoy a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine or cider upon arrival, a couple’s massage at the award-winning Waldorf Astoria Spa, and breakfast for two in-suite or at Las Brisas Restaurant. El Conquistador Resort spreads across 500 acres overlooking the converging waters of the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Ocean.
The resort is home to Coquí Water Park, a state-of-the-art aquatic playground, Palomino Island, a 100-acre private island for resort guests only, a Waldorf Astoria Spa, 23 restaurants, bars and lounges, including the sultry Chops Steakhouse, and an Arthur Hills designed 18-hole golf course.
Paradise for Two
- Signature Waldorf Astoria Spa Massage in the Waldorf Astoria Spa’s couples’ treatment suite
- Application of a nourishing tropical blend lotion rich in antioxidants and vitamins that is massaged into the skin using smooth warm stones
Champagne & Roses Sugar Scrub
- Champagne & Roses Sugar Scrub in the Waldorf Astoria Spa’s couples’ treatment suite
- Champagne & Roses scrub utilizes Grape derived enzymes along with fruit acids designed to gently remove dead skin cells, leaving younger smoother skin with uniform pigmentation
Mexico – A private and opulent resort for couples located in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, the Grand Velas Riviera Maya is nestled between an azure turquoise sea and the nature of the Yucatan jungle, making it the perfect setting for a romantic getaway.
The “Art of Cooking” Experience
Serving up the perfect treat for a gourmet couple, Grand Velas Riviera Maya offers couples looking for a gastronomic Valentine’s getaway the “Art of Cooking” Culinary Experience. Couples share with their significant other the best flavors, aromas and essences during three cooking classes in their choice of cuisine style: French, Mexican, Basque and Asian. Classes are led by the resort’s corresponding signature restaurant’s executive chef, including Michel Mustière, named Maître Cuisinier de France, and Xavi Pérez Stone, named “Best Chef in Mexico” and winner of Canada’s “Iron Chef 2014.”
Guests will also receive:
- An apron and chef’s jacket to wear
- A $50 Spa credit per adult per night to be used at the Spa at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, including the Spa’s intimate Aromatherapy Couples Massage
Mexico – Intimate and serene, Casa Velas is an exclusive adults-only resort retreat on Mexico’s Pacific Coast which also offers yoga classes, golf lessons, massage classes, wine tastings, cooking classes and more activities at the resort for couples to experience.
Romantic Moonlight Experience
At Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta, couples share a massage experience dedicated to balancing body and mind in an ambient space on the ocean’s edge. The Romantic Moonlight Experience, a romantic interlude beneath the light of the moon and stars, includes a full body massage with soft pressure, a combination of relaxing techniques along with carefully selected essential oils to make the body enter a state of total relaxation and well being. This sensorial experience concludes with a sweet touch: a toast of sparkling wine and strawberries with chocolate.
Switzerland – Invite your loved one to a romantic getaway in Bern, Switzerland at one of two Sorrell Hotels! Located right in the center of the city and amongst the city’s most attractive sights, your romantic vacation will be full of glitz and glamour, all while falling in love with Switzerland.
Included in the Valentine’s Special are:
- An overnight stay at the Hotel Ador or Hotel Arabelle
- Regional and natural Sorell breakfast
- 3-course-dinner in the Restaurant Mishio Berne at the Bärenplatz: Mishio welcome drink, spring rolls sweet’n sour, orange duck, baked banana and coffee
- Free WiFi access
- Public transportation to view the city
Switzerland – Pamper yourself in Bern, Switzerland at the Hotel Schweizerhof! After checking in, you will awaken your senses with a sparkling glass of champagne before heading to THE SPA, an ultra-modern centre of relaxation and wellness, where you will be pampered from that moment forward.
Be My Valentine Special:
- 1 night in the room category of your choice
- 1 small bottle of Louis Roederer Champagne in your room
- Schweizerhof breakfast, served in Jack’s Brasserie or in your room
- Exquisite 3-course dinner served in Jack’s Brasserie
- 25-minute back and neck massage
- Free entry to THE SPA: pamper pool, sauna, hammam, fitness & quiet room
- Nespresso coffees, soft drinks, tea and beer from the minibar
- Free internet access
Caribbean – The 76-room all-inclusive Mango Bay Hotel in Barbados, known for its casual sophistication and undeniable value, offers guests a selection of wedding packages (perfect for a Valentine’s Day destination wedding) – Standard, Ultimate and Renewal of Vows – creating a stress-free experience. Mango Bay provides couples with the services of a wedding coordinator and clergyman, round trip transfers, wedding bouquet and boutonniere, one-tier wedding cake and more. Add-on options are available to provide a customized celebration. Getting married on the tropical island of Barbados is made easy, as there is no waiting period or minimum length of stay required.
Couples can continue the celebration with an all-inclusive vacation at the hotel featuring an “Uncomplicated, Unencumbered, and Unforgettable” experience.
Caribbean – The award-winning Spice Island Beach Resort in Grenada features 64 elegantly-appointed suites and unmatched luxury. Couples can celebrate their commitment with the property’s Luxury Wedding or Renewal of Vows Packages. Renowned for its attentive service, the award-winning resort provides couples with experienced wedding coordinators to help plan their special day. The Caribbean’s premier romantic retreat affords newlyweds a lavish, amenity-rich honeymoon package featuring tropical flowers upon arrival, fresh fruit, a bottle of champagne, a natural soothing gel of Aloe Vera picked from the resort’s vegetable and spice garden as well as a basket of body oils.
The boutique hideaway has garnered the well-deserved reputation of an upscale retreat for travelers wishing to indulge their romantic inclinations in a chic, but unpretentious environment accented by luxurious amenities and unobtrusive, personalized service.
Caribbean – Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort in Tobago adds a Caribbean twist to the traditional wedding offering couples a tranquil destination to say “I Do” with the choice of three wedding packages – the Silver Wedding, Gold Wedding or Platinum Wedding – each offering options for customizing the ideal destination wedding.
The resort’s honeymoon package allows couples to escape and enjoy resort offerings including a horseback riding tour along the beach (isn’t that just the perfect quintessential romantic scene?). Couples who have already tied the knot and are still interested in taking full advantage of the romance of Tobago can recommit their wedding day vows with the resort’s Renewal of Vows package.
Providing added value, couples who book an eight-day, seven-night honeymoon package will receive the resort’s Silver Wedding package complimentary.
Caribbean – Located atop a bluff with dramatic views of the Charlotte Amalie Harbor and Caribbean Sea, Frenchman’s Reef is the premier destination in St. Thomas. With no passport required, Frenchman’s Reef offers an easy romantic escape this February. Guests will fall in love with the resort’s 35% off booking promotion, valid for stays from February 14-17. From the beachfront Morning Star accommodations and infinity pool to the relaxing Lazule Sea Spa and on property Adventure Center, Frenchman’s Reef has something to offer for every couple.
- Beachfront Resort
- Infinity Pool with Swim Up Bar
- Adventure Center
- Lazule Sea Spa
- 6 Onsite Restaurants & Bars
EXPLORE AND CONNECT
Caribbean – Looking for an adult-only get-away? Sophisticated and stylish, the Zen Oasis area located at Club Med Punta Cana is a relaxing haven within the resort focusing exclusively on adults and couples looking for rest, relaxation and well-being. Concealed along the northeast edge of the resort, this private hideaway is perfect for leisure guests, as well as corporate meeting and incentive groups looking for elegantly appointed accommodations. Couples can escape for a romantic getaway while multi-generational families can drop the children off at the Children’s Club and enjoy some quality grownup time.
Zen Oasis at Club Med Punta Cana has been designed with serenity in mind and will be reserved for adult guests only.
This tranquil escape features:
- 78 brand new deluxe guest rooms with spa-like bathrooms boasting rainfall showers, large soaking tubs, chromotherapy lighting and L’Occitane products
- Wellness amenities such as yoga mats and plush outdoor daybeds on private terraces or gardens for lounging
- Calm zen pool featuring in-water lounge chairs, a lap pool, and a secluded quiet beach for ultimate relaxation
- Breezy palapa for yoga lessons
- Wellness bar serving healthy smoothies, teas and light bites, as well as delectable cocktails
Canada – Making its highly anticipated debut on Jan. 18, Renaissance Montreal makes for an inspiring retreat with its unique design and the vibrancy of its surrounding city. For guests who crave “wow” inducing dining experiences, the hotel’s artful East Restaurant will serve sumptuous Pan-Asian cuisine as well as inventive cocktails from master mixologist Lawrence Picard. The rooftop lounge terrace – the only rooftop of its kind in Montreal – is the perfect spot to catch a glimpse of captivating city views or to take a dip in the heated plunge pool.
EXPLORE AND CONNECT
Scotland – The Gleneagles Hotel invites couples to celebrate romance this Valentine’s Day with the Valentine’s Extravaganza. Available on February 13, this romantic event includes overnight accommodations, a 3-course dinner in the resort’s stunning grand ballroom, a ballet performance by the Ballet Theatre UK and a champagne and canapé reception. Couples can indulge in The Spa by ESPA or explore the resort’s variety of country pursuits from falconry and gun-dog training to clay shooting and archery.
Caribbean – There’s no better place to pop the question (and the champagne!) than at Curtain Bluff, Antigua. Whether you’re getting down on one knee, celebrating the first night of your honeymoon, or simply surprising your significant other with something special, this incredibly romantic and exclusive package is one to remember.
The Over-the-Top, Under-the-Stars package includes:
- After hours buyout of the 5,000 square foot spa
- Picturesque sunset dinner on the spa terrace overlooking the sea
- Relaxing couples massage in private, outdoor treatment rooms that overlook the sea
- A dozen red roses and a bottle of champagne
- A photographer to capture your special moment
- Sleeping under the stars in a canopy bed on the spa’s intimate terrace
- Personalized embroidered spa robes
Caribbean – Belle Mont Farm on Kittitian Hill is a Caribbean modern-day Garden of Eden, featuring 84 luxury Guesthouses planted within 400 acres of edible, organic farmland. This Valentine’s Day, the “Romantic Retreat” special offer invites sweethearts and sweet-tooths to experience all that the forward-thinking culinary destination in St. Kitts has to offer.
Included in the package:
- All daily meals and beverages
- A welcome bottle of champagne + fresh treats from the farm
- Romantic private dinner on the beach
- Foraging farm breakfast
- Couples massage at Mango Walk Spa
- Unlimited tennis and golf with a private caddie
- Round trip YU Lounge private jet terminal arrival experience and airport transfers
- Guests who stay a minimum of four nights receive an additional 2 nights complimentary
Caribbean – Just in time for that Valentine’s Day week-end getaway, Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina in the Out Islands of the Bahamas is offering a weekend getaway for couples looking for some much-needed alone time. It’s called the Just Us Two package. The resort’s quiet atmosphere and central location gives guests the perfect balance between romantic bliss and untamed adventure. With four days of unforgettable moments such as a day exploring Abaco’s surrounding islands and cays by water taxi, a private couples massage by the calm waters of the Sea of Abaco, a romantic, three-course dinner for two on the beach, daily breakfast and champagne upon arrival – the embers of love will simmer and sizzle all weekend long.
Mexico – With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, Playa del Carmen’s newest resort — Mahekal Beach Resort — invites lovers seeking un-plugged privacy and intimacy in an authentic, carefree atmosphere to indulge in the “Magical Mahekal Experience,” for stays Feb. 12-14, 2016. Nestled between the dense Riviera Maya jungle and Playa del Carmen’s longest stretch of beach, spanning 920 pristine feet, lies Mexico’s Mahekal Beach Resort, the only resort of its kind in all of Playa del Carmen with hand-laid, hidden stone pathways leading to all palapa-style bungalow accommodations, all less than a two-minute walk from the sweeping, sandy beach — think Swiss Family Robinson style with high-end finishes and touches of Mayan culture. Greeted with crisp Caribbean scents, lush vegetation and colorful bougainvillea, Mahekal guests experience exceptional new amenities, including three swimming pools, a pristine infinity pool, a seaside hot tub, a new Mayan-inspired Revive Spa and fitness center, three completely renovated restaurants — Las Olas, Cocina and Fuego — and four bars, Boli’s, Itzi, Las Olas and Fuego. Mahekal is exceptionally intimate and romantic — perfect for those setting the stage for a romantic getaway.
Magical Mahakel Experience includes:
- Exquisite palapa-style bungalow accommodations — complete with exclusivity, stunning views, personal plunge pools, hammocks and private open-air terraces — setting the sensual tone
- Three on-property restaurants for a “wine-&-dine” affair, to indulge in premium dinner upgrades to Caribbean Lobster, Angus Beef Filet, Grilled Seabass or Jumbo Shrimp with garlic sauce
- Relax and reconnect at the new Mayan-inspired Revive Spa during an intimate couples treatment
- Couples can also experience aquatic adventures at Vida Aquatica Dive Center on-property, as well as select Riviera Maya tours, including a visit to the Mayan Ruins, adventures and zip-lines in the jungle, swimming and horseback riding tours
Caribbean – The Caribbean’s “best kept secret” and Bonaire’s only five star resort, Harbour Village Beach Club, encourages couples to embark on a romantic rendezvous with a little international flare this Valentine’s Day by taking advantage of the “Romance Package” anytime now – Feb. 29, 2016.
Couples can sync and swim from sand or sea with scuba and certified boat-dive excursions, or stay and sway to sounds of crashing waves and clinking Épernay Champagne filled glasses in a beachfront hammock for two. A love-igniting torch lit dinner courtesy of La Balandra Beach Bar & Restaurant on the pampering powder-white sands of a private beach invites couples to get carried away to the charming Caribbean style villas amid lush tropical gardens. Senses are rekindled with aromatherapy massages from The Spa at Harbour Village Beach Club and unlimited access to fitness, kayak and paddle board amenities. Endless experiences make Harbour Village — a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World — an unforgettable escape.
The Romance Package includes:
- Seven-nights with choice of accommodations: Marina View Room, One or Two Bedroom Beachfront Suite
- Full American breakfast daily
- One romantic torch-lit dinner on the beach with the gently lapping of waves providing a soothing soundtrack
- Couples aromatherapy massage
- Resort scuba experience, for non-certified divers or certified divers (includes one boat dive and unlimited shore diving)
- Reserved double hammock on the beach with chilled bottle of Épernay Champagne Bonnaire
- Unlimited use of the fitness center, kayaks and paddle boards
- Airport transfers to-and-from Harbour Village
Photo credits: Harbor Village Beach Club, Mahekal Beach Resort, Abaco Beach Resort, Belle Mont Farm, Curtain Bluff, The Gleneagles Hotel, Renaissance Montreal, Club Med Punta Cana, Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Resort, Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, Spice Island Beach Resort, Mango Bay Hotel, Hotel Schweizerhof, Sorrell Hotels, Hotel Casa Velas, Grand Velas Riviera Maya, El Conquistador Resort, Viceroy Zihuatanejo
Tags: beach, Carribean, couple's retreat, couple's trip, Couples time, Couples travel, resort, romance, romantic destinations, romantic getaway, romantic travel, romantic vacation, spa, Travel Abroad, travel deals, travel destinations, travel discounts, travel specials, Valentine Travel, valentine's day
Trackback from your site.