Fun Easter Basket Alternatives
This Easter, why not try something different and fun for your Easter baskets? According to the National Confectioners Association, 77% of Americans participate in giving Easter baskets each year.
The origin of modern day Easter traditions, such as the Easter basket, are believed to have been introduced to America by German immigrants who moved with their stories of a bunny that delivered eggs. As is the case with any holiday, families can choose if they want to go lavishly over-the-top, or stick with practicality. Here at Daily Mom, we prefer practical basket goodies that we know will be loved and appreciated long beyond the egg hunt. In a world of STUFF, why not think of a way to turn our NEEDS into WANTS.
The Easter basket is the perfect start to practical gift giving, while preserving the time honored traditions that accompany the Easter holiday. Whatever your preference, lavish or low key, check out these ideas on making this Easter unique and fun.
Bye bye baskets
Instead of a traditional basket, try some of these fun alternatives instead. When thinking about what you could use in place of a traditional basket, consider what things you need or would otherwise purchase for your children in the upcoming months. Things to consider: Do you have a planned trip coming up? What spring or summer activities will your kids be participating in? Will you go to the pool often in the months to come? Has your child recently grown into a new size and needs clothing to correspond with their growth spurt? Do you have rainy day activities on hand? Does your family play board games? Does your child like to cook? With these questions in mind, take a look at a few of the fun Easter basket alternatives we have come up with.
Using an umbrella as a basket is not only exciting for the kids (think how large an open umbrella is for tiny eyes!), but also doubles as a practical product to have on hand throughout the spring season. From favorite colors to favorite characters, there is a just right umbrella for everyone in your life.
With swimming season right around the corner, how fun would it be to kick off spring with a new kick board? With their flat surface and easy to grab sides, kick boards work great as an Easter basket replacement. They are easy to fill and easy to grab by kids. Who doesn’t need an excuse to start thinking about pool side summer retreats?
Sand buckets aren’t just fun on the beach, they are the perfect carrying container for Easter treats. Add your Easter grass and top with anything from sand toys to candies to clothing and more.
For the art lover in your life, imagine the excitement when their Easter basket is replaced with a crayon carrier that can hold all of their candy for now… and supplies for later. Whether your little bunny is into coloring, painting, play doh, or beads, there is a carrier for you.
Hello, cute bunny slippers! This “basket” would be the gift that keeps on giving. They are adorable now and comfortable later. Customizable by whatever character or color your little one would enjoy, they aren’t really a basket at all. Simply use the slippers as the centerpiece, fill with fun, and add extras around.
At first thought, it might seem like a trash can is an unconventional choice for an Easter basket. Then, you see the beauty in the longterm use and the novelty of the trash basket in place of the Easter basket. Genius!
More Fun Easter Basket Alternatives
Want more ideas? See below for other fun Easter basket alternatives:
Did you know?
- Easter ranks second in candy sales for holidays, just after Halloween.
- Over 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are made each year.
- 72% of Americans are influenced by seasonal classics in their Easter purchases.
- 79% of Americans dye Easter eggs.
- 71% of Americans hunt for real or candy-filled eggs.
- 55% of Americans love marshmallow Peeps, while the other 45% do not like them.
- When eating a chocolate bunny, almost 89% of people prefer to eat the ears first.
Now that your creative juices are flowing, what other fun Easter basket alternatives have you used or thought about? Comment below to let us know your ideas!
Resources: History.com, National Confectioners Association
Photo Credits: Mojitos & Munchkins, Kristin dePaula
Tags: adult coloring books, basket, basketball, basketball game, best pools in orlando, board games, boys swimwear, bunny slippers, candy, chocolate, classic board games, coloring books, crayons, Easter, Easter basket, Easter egg, easter egg hunt, football, games, girls swimsuit, holiday, paint, reusable diaper, sand digger, sand toys, season, Slippers, slippers for kids, stylish trash can, swimming, swimsuits, trash can, umbrella
Trackback from your site.