Are you looking for a fruity drink that doesn’t contain the artificial sweeteners and flavors of sodas and traditional juices? Perhaps you are pregnant and are feeling left out when your girlfriends are passing around your favorite pink cocktail. Or maybe you are just looking for the perfect drink for your kids! This fruit lemonade recipe is simply perfect for summer. Your kids can even help to make it!
- 16 oz. (1 bottle) of organic pure lemon juice
- 5 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup simple syrup (substitute agave nectar or honey for their nutritional benefits)
- 5 cups of cut fruit (we used watermelon but feel free to substitute any of your favorite fruits)
- Blend lemon juice and fruit until liquefied and smooth
- Pour mixture into a large pitcher
- Stir in filtered water and simple syrup
- Refrigerate & serve
Simple Syrup Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- Heat sugar and water in a saucepan on medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool for several minutes.
- Use in anything from southern sweet tea to mocktails!
For more Food & Recipes check out our NEST category!