Family Photo Outfits for Under $200
It’s easy to fall into the matching outfit slump when dressing up for your family photos. We have all seen it, or maybe even done it. All white shirts, all khaki pants. All wearing shades of blue, no patterns. You don’t have to be scared to inject a bit of personality, color and pattern into your outfits and you do not have to match!
You also do not have to spend a ton of money to create a great family look! Going through your closets and pulling out some of your favorite outfits and laying them out together is a great way to start. If you find that you need to get some new things in order to coordinate better for a photo that pops, here are a few ideas to get you started!
Cobalt, Lemon Yellow, Sky Blue and Tan
Shades of sky and cobalt blue with pops of yellow throughout the group make for a great spring photo. Dad could add a yellow bowtie if he is so inclined! Mixing a few patterns in keeps things interesting and gives personality to the look.
- Sunburst Yellow Girls Top at Target $10
- Blue Ink Jegging by Almost Famous on Amazon $18
- Girls Leopard Flats at Target $15
- Boys Striped Long Sleeve Knit Tee at Target $15
- Boys Denim (similar) on Amazon $15
- Fit Flop Kids Sneaker in Sunflower on Amazon $37
- Womens Knockout Aqua Peplum Dress at Target $28
- Mens Gingham Shirt at Target $23
- Yellow Bubble Necklace by Enya Jewelry on Amazon $7
- Womens Taupe Pumps at Target $30
Mint, Grey, Butter and Metallic Gold
Soft mint and yellow create a refreshing, light look that are balanced out with shades of grey. Metallic gold accessories pop off of the soft palette! Creating a family look like this is easiest if you start with a multi-colored piece (in this case, Mom’s dress) and then look for single color pieces to match it!
- Boys Grey Gingham Shirt at Target $13
- Boys Dark Grey Denim at Target $22
- Womens Mint Jersey Dress at Target $28
- Womens Gold Sequin Flats at Target $14
- Mens V-Neck Sweater at Target $23
- Mens Plaid at Target $23
- Mens Grey Denim at Target $30
- Girls Yellow Dress at Target $20
- Girls Gold Flats at Target $17
Warm Tones & White
Mixing warm shades, even though all different colors, gives an overall cohesive color palette that is rich and bright. Choosing from wine tones, red, orange, coral and pink gives lots of options so that everyone is wearing a different color. Avoid choosing colors that are too similar (like two reds) because they may clash. Add in dark brown for a rich neutral and mix white throughout.
- Sweet Heart Rose dress on Amazon $20
- Maternity Lace Dress at ASOS $30
- City Classified flats on Amazon $11
- Sweet Heart Rose outfit on Amazon $24
- Stride Rite Joanna sandal on Amazon $17
- US Polo Assn red polo on Amazon $25
- Steve Madden Oxfords on Amazon $55