This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
With summer coming to an end, the leaves changing and the cooler weather of fall upon us, our wardrobes need to be able to make the seasonal change. I know we all are wishing for the longer days to stay and the summer to linger on, but alas, the seasons will change and so will our clothes. These must have items will help take your wardrobe from spring to fall with ease. Some of these items you already have in your closet and some are trendy pieces for this year that you can easily pick up in any fast fashion store.
- Leather Jacket: A leather jacket or faux leather jacket are perfect for fall. They can take any outfit into cooler temperatures. Any style or cut will do. This is an item that you want to invest in. Go with either a motorcycle or bomber style jacket and pick a color that will go with most of your wardrobe. Make sure the coat fits well and is comfortable. The trick is to try it on and reach your arms around like you are giving yourself a big bear hug. This will allow one to check the sleeve length and also the back. You don’t want the coat to be too tight across the shoulders.
- Scarf: The options here are endless. Find a pattern or color that suits you. This is important, as scarfs are so close to the face. Find an undertone that goes well with your skin. Olive skin will tend to look better with earth tones and yellow undertones. If you have a blue or pink undertone you want clear, bright colors.
- Outer Wear: Outer Wear is a general category, but the focus this season is vests, cardigans, and denim. A vest can be long, short, leather, or fur. The boyfriend cardigan is great this year. A traditional or longer cardigan, all great options. Finally denim. This can be layering a chambray top, denim vest, or denim jacket. Again, like the leather jacket, make sure it fits well across the shoulders.
- Ankle Booties: These are great for fall and can take a dress from summer to fall, or will pair well with jeans. Find a comfortable heel height and good fit. The style options are endless, but a peep toe, or cut out, are great for this year.If your budget only has room for one bootie, go with a closed toe bootie. This will allow you to wear it into winter.
- Tights: A huge trend on the Fall 2015 runways were tights. Fishnets, bright colors, patterned, fleece, sparkles, every designer had their take on stylish tights for fall. Take your pick and pair tights with a dress, and the ankle booties, or even with strappy chunky sandals. The options are endless.
With these five simple items, your wardrobe will go from summer to fall in a snap. Layer it up, add accessories, necklaces, bracelets, rings and head out in style. It will look like you walked right off of a NYC Fashion Week runway.