This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
Winter isn’t over but chances are you’re already thinking about getting yourself back into the sunshine. A cruise on the new Carnival Horizon cruise ship is like the after-party your summer needs. After all, winter days are cold, chilly, and blustery. You can break up the humdrum of those dreary months with an 8-day cruise from Miami to Aruba on the Carnival Horizon cruise ship.
Why Choose Carnival Cruise Lines?
Carnival Cruise Lines has been one of the leading ocean cruise lines for over 45 years. They carry millions of passengers each year to tropical destinations in the Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico, and chilly places like Alaska and Canada as well as neighbors on the other side of the world like Australia and Europe. You can even find transatlantic and transpacific cruises to sail the whole ocean.
Carnival Cruise Lines is dedicated to creating a fun vacation for you both on sea and on land. During your days at sea you will find delicious foods, fun entertainment like live shows, deck parties, water slides, and more. Personal concierges will help you create the experience you desire when on land with excursions, events, and tourist plans to get the most of your stay onshore.
There are 24 ships on the Carnival Cruise Lines, with trips ranging from three to twenty-four day voyages. Their luxury staterooms offer a beautiful place to rest your head after all the fun, and they are ready to get the party started when you’ve revived yourself the next day.
The New Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship
The Carnival Horizon cruise ship is the newest ocean liner to join the Carnival Cruise team. It debuted in 2018 for its Southern Caribbean Voyage from Miami, Florida to Aruba, Mexico. The ship has been designed to bring people together- both families making memories and strangers meeting for the first time sparking unbreakable bonds. It is a family-friendly cruise ship providing both adult-only and kid-friendly activities.
Staterooms Aboard the Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship
No matter your group size you will be able to find the right accommodations for you aboard the Carnival Horizon cruise ship. They have seven different room options to fit your needs, your family, and your vacation expectations.
- Havana Staterooms and Suites– The most luxurious of staterooms aboard the Carnival Horizon, these suites offer a large outdoor balcony and exclusive membership to the Havana Pool and Bar during the day. All guests must be 12 years or older.
- Family Harbor Staterooms and Suites– Perfect when you have the whole family together, these staterooms offer plenty of space for everyone. They are close to the Family Harbor Lounge and kids eat free at most restaurants while staying there. They also get a free night at the Night Owl Club for parents to enjoy an evening to themselves.
- Cloud 9 Spa Suites– These suites are made to help you relax with spa bathrobes and slippers, free fitness classes, exclusive discounts and more.
- Interior Staterooms– One of the most affordable options on the ship, these rooms can be reserved with different bed layouts and all have their own private bathrooms.
- Ocean View Staterooms– These affordable staterooms offer a beautiful view of the ocean so you can see it as soon as you wake up in the morning.
- Balcony Staterooms– If the views aren’t enough, the Balcony staterooms allow you to actually sit out and enjoy the ocean view on your own private balcony.
- Balcony Suites– Need a little extra room? The Balcony Suites gives you the ability to enjoy the view from outside while also giving your priority boarding and disembarking off of the Carnival Horizon.
Activities Aboard the Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship
Whether you just want to soak up some Vitamin-D on the pool deck or get a break from the sun for a bit, there are activities both indoors and outdoors on the new Carnival Horizon cruise ship.
Activities For Everyone
- SkyRide- Ride a bike- in the sky! SkyRide takes you on an epic adventure over the edge of the ship as you “bike” across the zip line.
- IMAX Theater– If you need a break from the sun, take in an eye-popping IMAX movie or hit up the 3D theater for a moving (literally) experience.
- Mega Deck Party– Ring in the night with this all-out deck party for all ages.
- Dive-In Movies– Enjoy family-friendly movies while swimming in the pool or sitting on the pool deck.
- Dr. Seuss Waterworks– The kids will love the waterpark that is right aboard the Carnival Horizon cruise ship. Dr. Seuss Waterworks offers family fun with splash pads, huge buckets of water dropping on unsuspecting guests, and fun waterslides.
- Zumbini– For kids ages two to five, this 30-minute class gets them moving and shaking with songs and instruments.
- Camp Ocean– This all-day camp takes kids ages two to eleven on age-based groups. They will enjoy activities, learn about marine life, and even eat together during the day. When it gets a little later, parents can extend the day into Night Time Owls where kids get to stay up late (and parents can have some fun!).
- Club O2– A perfect hangout for the teenager in your group.
Activities for Adults
- Serenity Lounge– This adults-only lounge gives you a quiet break from all the craziness outside its walls. It offers lounge-style chairs and cabana-style beds to rest, relax, and recharge.
- Cloud 9 Spa– The clouds are within reach on Carnival Horizon, but you will feel as though you are floating on one with services from Cloud 9 Spa. This full-service spa offers water treatments, massages, facials, and more. One of the most spectacular features is the thermal spa area with different saunas, steam rooms, pools, salt room, and even a below-freezing room with snow!
- Havana Pool and Bar– One of the central places on the cruise ship, the Havana Pool and Bar is just steps from the cruise ship pool and features classic, Cuban-style drinks like a mojito or daiquiri. The bartenders can create any of your favorites, though, and offers poolside and in-the-pool style sitting.
- Nightclub– Bump along to your favorite songs all while showing your best moves.
- Lip Sync Battle– Once night falls it doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. The Lip Sync Battle aboard the Carnival Horizon is family-friendly and tons of fun to watch- or participate in! Guests of the Carnival Horizon run this show and can perform like the rockstars they are.
- Playlist Production– If you’d rather be a guest of the show versus starring it in, Playlist Productions is a full-on performance of songs that you already know showcased in a brilliant and fun performance.
- Hasbro, The Game Show– Guests aboard the Carnival Horizon cruise ship can participate in their very own game show featuring gigantic-size games they already know but with a twist- Yahtzee Bowling and Connect-4 Basketball are just some of the games you can play to win prizes with friends and family.
But that’s not it. There are tons of activities for families, kids, and adults aboard the new Carnival Horizon cruise ship like cocktail tasting, Dr. Seuss parades, comedy club performances, crafting activities, and more. Check them all out here.
Dining Options on the Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship
There are several different dining options available to you aboard the Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship. Here are just a few of the restaurants you can enjoy (but don’t forget about the many pool sidebars, too!):
- Guy’s Pig Anchor and Smokehouse– Traditional barbecue foods with dishes created by Guy Fieri. This restaurant is included in your cruise package.
- Guy’s Burger Joint– A quick service meal option serving traditional American dishes, all designed by Guy Fieri.
- Bonsai Teppanyaki– A Japanese-style Hibachi restaurant. It’s dinner and a show!
- Main Dining– Join others aboard the ship for a delicious dinner in a community-style setting each night. Two scheduled dinners are available- early or late- to fit you and your family’s needs. This restaurant is included in your cruise package.
- Cucina del Capitano– Craving a little Italian? Enjoy your favorite dishes, plus a few new ones, at this traditional Italian restaurant.
- Sea-day Brunch– Breakfast is served! Every day you will find traditional breakfast items to suit your fancy. This restaurant is included in your cruise package.
The Carnival Horizon Itinerary
After seeing all the activities and dining options aboard the Carnival Horizon you may be tempted to never leave the ship. But the 8-day Southern Caribbean cruise gives you an opportunity to visit a variety of locations that will make you want to explore off-ship at every port. The Carnival Horizon itinerary takes you from Miami, Florida to Acapulco, Mexico:
Day 1- Depart Miami
You will depart Miami around 4 P.M. on a Saturday. You can spend the first part of the day getting aquatinted with the ship and enjoying your first dinner in the main dining room. After dinner be sure to check out the show before you head back to your cabin for the night.
Day 2- Sea Day to Grand Turks
Spend the day enjoying drinks by the pool bar, going on the Dr. Seuss Waterworks waterslides, and trying new and exciting foods.
Day 3- Grand Turks
Your first day off-ship starts at 7 A.M. Activities include snorkeling with stingrays, ATV riding, catamaran sailing, zip-lining, horseback riding, a coast-to-coast safari, or simply lounging by the beautiful waters on a private beach. The ship departs at 2 P.M. Enjoy some great snorkeling with Blue Water Divers while at Grand Turks. Their small private tours will have you breaking away from the crowds and experiencing some intimate time with the fish!
READ MORE: Visit Makarska In Croatia – Skip Dubrovnik
Day 4- La Romana
Your day at La Romana starts at 9:30 A.M. when you reach port. Activities can include zip lining, Altos de Chavon tour, a riverboat cruise, a dolphin swim, or time spent on a private beach. Altos de Chavon is a replica of a 16th-century village overlooking the Chavon River. It’s a beautiful village to explore on your own. There are stores and restaurants available if you get hungry from all the exploring. The ship departs at 4:30 P.M.
Day 5- Curacao
You will start your afternoon on day five in Curacao at 1:30 P.M. You will have an opportunity to explore the city during the dinner hours and some nightlife. You could take an educational tour of the island, explore land in mini-Jeeps, or snorkel on Family Island. There is a quiet beach only about 15 minutes by taxi called Kokomo. It’s a great place to unwind on some beach chairs or go swimming without the crowds. The ship departs at 10:30 P.M.
Day 6- Aruba
Your last port of the cruise is at Aruba. You arrive bright and early at 8:00 A.M. and will have the opportunity to take part in excursions like private snorkel tours, Jeep safari tours, or ride on the infamous Kukoo Kunuku bus around the island. There’s an excursion to your own private island complete with a waterpark and a private area for safe snorkeling with the kids. Spend the day having drinks, playing volleyball, and soaking up the sun on the beach. The ship departs at 4 P.M.
Days 7 and 8- Days at Sea
With all these stops at different ports you might feel like you’ve barely spent any time on the ship. Take the next two days to enjoy all that the Carnival Horizon has to offer such as food, drinks, poolside fun, shows, and more. Go see a movie or check out the 3D theater. Spend some time at the Cloud 9 Spa, let the kids play with friends at Club Ocean, and soak in all that the Carnival Horizon has to offer you.
Winter can be so drab. Brighten things up with some sun, fun, and quality family time with a cruise aboard the Carnival Horizon. This 8-day excursion will take you all around the Caribbean, showing you some of the most gorgeous islands the area has to offer you. You will also be able to spend an ample amount of time enjoying the amenities of the ship like the food, shows, performances, activities, and more throughout your cruise. So forego the holiday rush with piles of gifts and take your family on a vacation they will cherish and remember aboard the Carnival Horizon cruise ship.
WANT TO READ MORE?
Check out this article on Life Lessons Learned on a Carnival Cruise.
💖 NEWSLETTER: DAILY READS IN YOUR INBOX 💖
Sign up to receive our picks for the best things to do, see and buy so you can relax and focus on more important tasks! Let us help you be the best version of yourself you can be!
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
Newsletter: Daily Mom delivered to you
Instagram: @DailyMomOfficial | @DailyMomTravel | @BestProductsClub