This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
Death Valley is one of the most amazingly diverse places on earth. This area, below sea level, experiences drought and heat yet the surrounding mountain peaks are snow capped. Death Valley is full of spectacular views and is teeming with life. If you are thinking of visiting Death Valley, you should! Still not sure?
Here are 11 photos that will make you want to visit Death Valley.
1. Badwater Basin in Death Valley is the lowest point in North America with an elevation of 282 feet below sea level. The salt flats in the basin, which you can explore, are expansive. When rain does fall here, it forms a small, salty pool that evaporates quickly due to the extremely high evaporation rate in the area.
2. Dantes View offers amazing panoramic views of Death Valley from the crest of the Black Mountains. Take a seat on the jagged rocks and breathe it all in.
3. The views of the erosional badlands formations at Zabriskie Point are unlike anything you can see anywhere. Take in the most famous view of Death Valley Park here.
4. The Amargosa Opera House and Hotel at Death Valley Junction was created in an old social hall by a Broadway performer. The Opera House has shows November through May. Murals of 16th Century scenes can be found throughout the property.
5. Visit Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes, near Stovepipe Wells Village. While these aren’t the only dunes in Death Valley, they are the most accessible.
6. The scenery throughout the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes is what people envision when they think of the desert, sand and desert vegetation with wide open views.
7. While exploring the dunes, look out for animal tracks around the mesquite trees. They are a perfect habitat for desert wildlife.
8. While walking through the dunes, the colors from the sun on the mountains will take your breath away.
9. Ever changing with the winds, the dunes of Death Valley roll and ripple in the sun.
10. Sunrise and sunset are the best times to view the dunes to take in all the colors and light.
11. Star gazing at Stovepipe Wells offers unreal views of the night sky. In fact, you can see planets and satellites with the naked eye just a few steps outside your hotel room at Stovepipe Wells.
If you’re taking a drive through Death Valley, take an overnight break at Stovepipe Wells Village
It offers an authentic western experience and many amazing views of the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes. Great amenities like a pool and dining options are available. End every night stargazing just steps away from your room.
We hope these gorgeous photos inspired you, and you are ready to plan a getaway to take in these epic views all on your own.
Stay tuned to Daily Mom for more amazing travel destinations and travel tips!
Photo Credit: Elena Ollick – @everyavenuegirl