This Thanksgiving, try this Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake for a twist on two old favorites: pumpkin pie and cheesecake. It will be a hit at your Thanksgiving celebration!
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 8 graham cracker rectangles)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 stick melted salted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash of cloves
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Then press the crumbs into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. (You can use a spring form pan if you have one. If not, the pie dish works just as well!)
3. Beat the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of sugar and the vanilla with an electric mixer or stand mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, just until they're blended.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup of the filling in a small bowl.
5. Stir the remaining sugar, the pumpkin and the spices into the remaining mixture.
6. Pour the filling into the pie dish.
7. Drop dollops of the reserved filling on the surface of the pumpkin filling. Use a toothpick or a knife to gently swirl the white filling.
8. Bake 55 minutes (until the center is almost set). Cool completely, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.