This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
Avoid the popsicle aisle this summer (& the extra sugar) by whipping up some naturally sweet and healthy treats in your own kitchen. Here are three easy ideas that your kids (& you) will love!
Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Put your choice of yogurt in a plastic sandwich bag. Use greek yogurt for an added protein punch.
- Cut off one corner of the bag and squirt drops of yogurt onto a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Put tray of yogurt bites in freezer.
- Once frozen, you can store in a plastic freezer bag.
Applesauce & Berry Pops
- Fill popsicle molds half way with applesauce (if you don’t have popsicle molds, this Tovolo Star Ice Pop set is great!).
- Push fresh berries of your choice down into the applesauce (sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries).
- Fill in any extra space in the popsicle mold with more applesauce.
- Freeze and enjoy!
Frozen Berry Kabobs
- Gather an assortment of fresh berries and fruit (suggestions: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, pieces of banana).
- If you have toddlers, make sure you slice any grapes, blueberries, or anything round in half. Also cut strawberries in half for easier eating.
- Put your fruit/berries on wooden skewers and freeze on a cookie sheet.
- Cut off any sharp ends from the wooden skewers before giving to your children.
Now go enjoy the summer sun and a yummy, healthy frozen treat!
Photo Credit: Dreams To Do