This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
Nothing says fall like Football Sunday! Whether you’re tailgating at the game, or watching it on the big screen from the comfort of your couch, one thing is a must: delicious snacks. Don’t pop open a can of boring old salsa this Sunday. We have the most mouth-watering recipe for pumpkin mango habanero salsa that will set your tastebuds on fire in all the right ways!
- 3 habanero peppers
- 1 mango, cubed, very ripe
- 1 medium red onion – 1/2 inch slices
- 1 – 8 oz can of pumpkin pie filling
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- 2 t of salt
- 1 t of cuminf
- 1.5 T of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat habanero, mango, onion and garlic evenly in olive oil in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, mix evenly. Turn oven to broiler and roast for 5 more minutes on same rack.
- After 5 minutes, move pan to top rack and broil for an additional 4 minutes until the habaneros start to blister.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Wearing food prep gloves, de-stem and remove seeds from habaneros.
- In a food processor, blend habaneros, mango, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin and pumpkin pie filling to desired consistency.
- Place in fridge for at least two hours to let flavors meld.
This salsa is sure to become a fall snack staple in your house; and your friends will be begging you for the recipe!
Photo credit: Marley Layne’s Closet