Summer is here and that often means long days at the beach, swimming, and hot afternoons in the sun. It might also mean parched and damaged hair from the elements. However, we have come across some great summer hair products to nourish, protect, and style your hair. They are the Alterna Bamboo line and Intelligent Nutrients hair care products.
What is great about them? Most importantly, that they work! But that is not enough for us health-conscious moms. They are also organic and free of harmful chemicals so you can feel safe using them on yourself and around your kids. Check out the lineup below.
Bamboo line by Alterna
Alterna‘s line of Bamboo hair products feature eco-certified bamboo extract and Tahitian coconut extract. The line is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic color, talc, sodium chloride, mineral oil, petrolatum, and PABA.
- Love the beach but don’t live close by? You can still get that tousled, carefree summer hair with Bamboo Beach Ocean Waves texturizing spray without making a trip to the beach. It’s lightweight, smells great, and doesn’t leave your hair (or hands) feeling sticky. The spray gives your locks a wavy and shiny look for hair that looks effortless yet stylish. It features organic bamboo extract and Tahitian coconut to protect your hair from damage from the water and sun.
- Once back from the ocean (or just a hot day in the sun), the Bamboo Beach Recovery Spray is a go-to treatment for parched and damaged hair. It works as a leave-in conditioner to add moisture and protect your hair from further damage. It also features Alterna’s ColorHold formulation for color treated hair, as well as organic bamboo extract and Tahitian coconut. If you’re hair is really damaged, reach for Bamboo’s UV+ hydration masque. It’s a deep moisturizing mask with organic kalahari melon extract to add back moisture and strength and protecting color.
- Lastly, a product every mom (new moms especially!) should have at hand is dry shampoo. Bamboo Mango Coconut Refreshing Dry Shampoo is a powder to use between washes. You just sprinkle it onto your roots and then massage it throughout your hair until you no longer see the powder. It truly leaves your hair feeling refreshed as well as smelling great.
More from Alterna Haircare
Alterna offers a wide array of products. From color protection to anti-frizz to volume, Alterna has a product to meet your hair care needs. And Alterna prides itself on making all of their products free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates and other harsh or unnecessary additives, so you can shop without worry.
Make It Yours
On-The-Go Hair Products by Intelligent Nutrients
Intelligent Nutrients offers a range of personal products from skin care to hair care. Their philosophy is simple: if it’s good enough to go on your body, it should be good enough to go in your mouth!
- For tangly or unruly hair from the beach or wind, check out Intelligent Nutrient’s Spray-On Detangler. It’s great for both untangling hair as well as preventing knots and tangles. This product also acts as a great lightweight conditioner for your hair. It’s organic and features a variety of deliciously natural ingredients like pumpkin seed oil, red raspberry seed oil, orange peel oil, and lavender oil.
- Intelligent Nutrient’s leave-in conditioner is a great choice when you want the benefits of a leave-in conditioner, especially during the heat and humidity of the summer. It’s especially suited for those that style with heat and suffer from frizzy hair. It leaves your hair smooth without feeling greasy and has an almost “Old Spice for her” light scent to it. It too is organic and features natural ingredients like intellimune oil, red raspberry seed oil, grapefruit peel oil, and cinnamon leaf oil.
More from Intelligent Nutrients
Beyond hair care, Intelligent Nutrients also carries products for your whole body, skin, and lips, as well as fragrance and even essential oil diffusers. Check them out, all are organic!
Make It Yours
Purchase: Intelligent Nutrients
Photo credits: TheWhimsicalPhotographer.com, The Art of Making A Baby