Whether you’re in a relationship, single, or maybe it is even a little complicated, let’s admit that some of the best times are spent with our girls. If getting together is a struggle with everyone’s hectic schedules, start creating some Galentine’s Day ideas by channeling your inner Leslie Knopp, of Parks and Recreation, and sharing them with your crew to plan early. There is a date on the calendar, February 13th, designated to your best girls to celebrate. Let’s be honest, having our tribe is what helps keep most of us together every year, so there is much to be celebrated.
Galentine’s Day ideas can be as fancy or as casual as you want to make it. Even though mimosas and brunch might have been what kicked off this fabulous holiday, there is no rule that says you have to keep with tradition. The point of Galentine’s Day is to spend it with your tribe, your through and through, your thick and thin and do what you love to do the most. Here are 10 Galentine’s Day ideas to celebrate one another while toasting your favorite people.
Read More: 10 Healthy Valentine’s Day Desserts
10 Galentine’s Day Ideas For A Fabulous Holiday
1. Mimosa and waffle bar. Nothing pairs better with a mimosa than a Belgium waffle hot out of the iron. There are several ways to set up both of these mini bars to add a pop of color and some festive shaping. Start with the waffles. There are heart shaped waffle irons for purchase, or you could use a regular waffle and heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts from your circular or square iron. Add some flavored syrup such as strawberry, raspberry or even chocolate and make sure there is some whipped topping for an extra treat.
Waffles and mimosas both need some fresh fruit for toppings and add ins. Fresh berries, oranges, pom seeds or whatever flavor tickles your fancy. If you want to be a little extra, try some edible flowers or even fresh herbs such as mint, basil or rosemary sprigs. The juice flavor can be the traditional orange or if you’re looking for an off script selection, try cranberry, grapefruit, peach or strawberry purée for some fun flavors. Make it your own Galentine’s day idea by mingling tradition with fun and new flavors.
2. Bourbon and steak. Girls have got to eat and if your crew is not a morning crew then switch it up with an evening soirée. If there is a decent cook in your group, and they are willing to cook the steaks, then by all means go that route. Or if everyone wants to pitch in for a private chef to prepare a fabulous meal with no prep or clean up then that could make the night hassle-free. Open some bourbon for an Old Fashion, Whiskey Sour or any recipe of choice to satisfy everyone’s palate. Then sit back, relax and let the good company and night just take you away.
3. Home spa day. You may not be at the spa so why not bring the spa to you? If the group is looking for a more relaxing day to unwind while catching up, some great Galentine’s Day ideas for your home spa day could be DIY mani’s and pedi’s, facials, and mud masks with aromatherapy and essential oils diffusing in the background. One of the best parts about going to the spa is breathing in their calming scents and thankfully it is easy to do just the same in your own home.
4. Take a class. Do something different and tap into everyone’s packed away hobbies and interests with taking a class together. This can seriously be anything that everyone is into. Maybe it is cocktail mixing, floral arrangements, dancing, candle making or even calligraphy. Trying anything new as a group is much easier than on your own. Get all your girls together for laughter and fun all while learning something new.
5. Virtual wine tasting. You may not be in Napa or Sonoma, but the next best place is in the comfort of your own home for some local wine tasting. When we say local, that does not mean there needs to be a vineyard anywhere near your home. There are so many options now to do online, so why not try virtual wine tasting. Have the wine delivered, or pick up the bottles at your local wine and liquor store and see what fun regions your Sommelier can take you. Check local virtual options and businesses near you.
Read More: How To Create A Unique Spa Day At Home
6. Outdoor appetizers and movie night. Weather in February, depending on where you live, can be tricky. However, if you have a screened in back porch with some heat or if the weather is cooperating, an outdoor movie night with wine and appetizers is such a fun way to spend in with your girls. To make this evening even better, set the attire to sweats, no make-up and everyone can come as lazy as they would like. Will you be watching Clueless, Mean Girls, or Bridesmaids? And the list can go on and on.
7. Get crafty. Crafty Galentine’s Day ideas are a great way to keep everyone’s hands busy and leaves them with a party favor to take home. The craft table can have a theme or something specific for each person to make. Think bath bombs, terrarium, paper heart lanterns or some cute conversation heart magnets. Tap into everyone’s creative side and have some fun. Crafting as an adult can be just as exciting as creating your Valentine’s Day tissue boxes at school.
8. Book a private fitness class. Galentine’s Day ideas don’t have to always include food and alcohol. Give your girls day a healthy living theme and take a fitness class together. This can be done in the comfort of your own home with a private instructor or at a local studio. Try Pilates, yoga or even a barre class. If none of those strike anyone’s fancy, there are cycle bars all over the country that would be happy to help you celebrate your crew.
9. Game night. Card games aren’t just for family fun or couples only parties! If your crew loves a little competition, then get into the spirit with a little friendly game night with the gals! There are so many great options such as For The Girls by What Do You Meme, Cards Against Humanity, What?, etc., and the possibilities are endless. Have a couple of different options on hand and there is sure to be a crowd favorite.
10. Hand out Galentines. Make part of the party requirements that everyone bring cute valentines or a handwritten card for all attendees at the party. Would it really be Galentine’s Day if we didn’t pay tribute to our tribe for being our rock through our toughest times and always there when she is needed most. This holiday is the perfect occasion to just remind each of our gals how much they are loved. If there are too many people to write individual notes, try drawing names out of a hat or have the host assign a name to each person.
Even though Galentine’s Day is a made-up holiday that was added to the calendar in 2010, (thank you, Leslie Knopp), it is all about celebrating those close friends in your life and sharing in a day or evening of fabulous fun. Add lots of enjoyment to your Galentine’s Day Ideas with these 10 recommendations on ways to celebrate. No matter what you decide to do, take the time to honor those ladies in your life that mean the world to you and make sure they understand how grateful you are to have them as your gal.
WANT TO READ MORE?
💖 NEWSLETTER: DAILY READS IN YOUR INBOX 💖
Sign up to receive our picks for the best things to do, see and buy so you can relax and focus on more important tasks! Let us help you be the best version of yourself you can be!
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
Newsletter: Daily Mom delivered to you
Instagram: @DailyMomOfficial | @DailyMomTravel | @BestProductsClub