This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
If you’re looking for a tasty, simply yet hearty dinner that your whole family will love, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you! Gnocchi with beef and mushroom cream sauce requires minimal ingredients, but yet bursts with flavor.
- 12 oz of sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz of heavy cream
- 8 oz of beef broth
- 1.5-2 lbs. of sirloin, in 1 inch cubes
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 T paprika
- 1 T flour
- 4 T of olive oil
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 package of fresh gnocchi
- salt and pepper to flavor
- Mix paprika with flour, and toss beef into mixture to coat it.
- Heat up 2 T of olive oil in a tall sided pan or dutch oven on medium high heat.
- When hot, throw beef in and brown on all sides for approximately 1o minutes.
- Remove beef from pan.
- Reduce to medium heat and add 2 T of red wine into the pan.
- With a wooden spoon, scrape brown remnants off bottom of pan and mix into sauce.
- Add 1 T of olive oil to sauce. Sauté mushrooms in sauce for 1 minute.
- Add 1 more T olive oil, onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add beef broth, the rest of wine, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add heavy cream. Bring to boil. Simmer for 15 mins. (Begin boiling water to cook gnocchi now.)
- Add meat back into the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove thyme sprigs. Add sauce to gnocchi and enjoy! (for thicker sauce, add a little starch. )
Photo credit: With A Red Bird On My Shoulder