Many women today have their esthetician on speed dial. It's a busy world, and having perfectly manicured brows makes the right kind of statement for any woman. However, some people have extremely sensitive skin, so waxing their eyebrows (and other facial hair areas) may be off limits. There is a way to have shaped brows, without putting hot wax on your face and removing a layer of skin.
Threading uses cotton thread, that is doubled up, and then twisted. The thread is rolled across the area of unwanted hair, and plucks it out. Some may be hesitant to try this, because it sounds much more painful, but unlike plucking individual hairs, the thread allows the person to remove the hair in bigger patches.
Threading has been popular in Middle Eastern and Indian cultures for centuries to remove unwanted hair.
- No harsh chemicals on your face. All that is used is cotton thread. Sometimes, witch hazel is put on afterward to make the redness go away, but you can decline that.
- More natural look, compared to waxing.
- The hair root actually is removed. Sometimes with waxing, the hair gets ripped off, but not from the root- especially if the wax isn't hot enough.
- It is generally cheaper than waxing.
- Threading locations may be more difficult to find, and sometimes, are located in kiosks at malls. (Checking yelp.com and using keyword "threading" may help you find more places.)
- The threading process differs, depending on who you go to. Some threaders are very quick, while some take longer. It depends on how practiced they are.
So do a quick search to see if there is a threading location in your city, and give it a try!