This step is more important than anything else. You cannot tackle all these tasks within one month, plus it’s unfair to the girls invited to ask them for hundreds of dollars within a month before the event. People have lives, they live on budgets, they plan – so you’ve got to be ahead of their plan. You’ve got to allow ample time for everyone to get their ducks in a row.
Organize with the Bride
Create a Google Survey using Google Docs for the bride. This way these tasks will be included in your docs and you won’t lose track of it. Include things such as:
- Available Dates
- Places she wants to go
- Would she prefer a house or a hotel
- List of invites with emails
- Any wants or dislikes*
*This is an important reminder that this isn’t your bachelorette party, it is HERS, so maybe you think staying up all night taking shots is fun, but she is more the wine bar and jazz music kind of girl. Find what interests her and plan a party that is absolutely perfect for her.
This is almost as important as planning ahead. Money can be a touchy topic. The better planned and organized you are with your money, the more you can do. You will want to collect money to cover the activities, the bride’s food and drinks, transportation, pizza, fun props, shirts, and goodie bags.
Things to consider:
- Set up a set amount of money to collect from each girl, and give them ample time to get this money to you.
- Set a specific date it is due. After this date, if they cancel, money is non-refundable; it’s a 100% commit. Be very clear and very definite on this date. If someone backs out last minute it hurts everyone and that’s unfair. Tell them what is expected of them up front. Never book anything without their money.
- Create a Google Doc Excel sheet to keep track of your budget. Here you can create an estimated budget and actual budget. Always overestimate to make sure you don’t fall short.
- Venmo can be an excellent tool when exchanging money. Girls can easily pay you through venmo. When you are there, you can easily pay people back for Ubers, drinks, or late night pizza (that was included in the budget).
- Old fashioned pen and paper can also be useful when you are at the bachelorette party. Just like a checkbook keep a running balance of everything you’ve spent, save receipts, and subtract as you go. Keeping track of money can be somewhat of a pain, but it’s a necessity.
No matter where you are going near or far, this list of places to visit are not only fun but also unique and beautiful.
Create a Facebook Invite
Some of you may prefer paper invites, which are beautiful, but a Facebook invite can be an excellent tool for organizational purposes. Here you can give people info on what to wear, what to bring, and what to expect for the weekend.
Run-Down of a Perfect Weekend
Check in with the girls on arrival times, from there, plan the day. If you are able, arrive earlier than most girls; go to the grocery store and stock up on needs for the weekend. Dinner can be something more simple that night; if you are staying at a house, cook a fun meal or simply order pizza. That helps to account for varying arrival times. Afterwards, you can have special desserts and present girls with goodie bags or shirts to wear for the weekend. Then head out to a fun party spot, live music, or dance club.
Breakfast is a very important meal, especially after a night of drinking. Some hotels include complimentary breakfast which makes things easier. If you are staying in a house consider finding a bagel shop nearby and run and grab breakfast items. Or to keep it super simple, buy breakfast items at the grocery store on Friday.
Explore the city and set up a fun activity. This could be a fun blow out, brewery tour, or party peddler – the options are endless and will vary from place to place. Do some research and find something fun for everyone. Make reservations for a yummy lunch spot.
Remember to allow time to get ready. Make a later dinner reservation, and try to find a nicer spot to really make your bride feel special. Then eat, drink, and repeat.
Helpful hint: Number of bathrooms will contribute to how much time you need to allow for getting ready.
Ideas for awesome activities:
- Party Peddler
- Blow Outs
- Yoga on the Beach
- Pole Dancing Classes
- Booze Cruise
Sadly, the weekend has to come to an end, but still, go out with a bang with a goodbye brunch. One last hurrah before everyone has to head home.
Photo Credit: Ashley Wells