Ultimate Gifts are the gifts that are dreamt about and wished for all year long. If you are looking for the gift that is certain to top all gifts, and evoke praises for years to come, then you have come to the right place! We have gathered up the best of the best for adults and children alike!... read more
I’m Pregnant! 18 Ways to Tell Your Husband & Family
Photo Credit: The Whimsical Photographer
ou have checked and double-checked, in fact you probably tested with 3 home pregnancy kits and still aren’t sure that you believe it. You’re pregnant! Before you start buying your nursery furniture online, you have to tell those who mean the most to you! Here we have compiled a variety of ways, some popular and some original, for you to surprise your sweetie or family with this important news.
Image Credit: The Art of Making a Baby
- Let your husband know that soon he won’t be the only one watching the big game. Present him with a onesie that sports his favorite team logo. My husband would love this University of Michigan sleeper.
- See how long it takes him to get the hint when you surprise him with a funny book or movie about pregnancy. Knocked Up will give you both a good laugh after celebrating your excitement. Or boost his ego with the book, My Boys Can Swim!
- We all know how much guys love t-shirts. Sure, you tried to make him get rid of all of those fraternity or obscure band t-shirts, but to no avail. For once you can fuel his addiction by buying your man a t-shirt that lets him, and the world, know of your surprise. This Best. Dad. Ever. shirt gets the point across without being too cheesy.
- Next time you and your husband are out at the mall or the movie theater drag him into the photobooth. He will assume you just want cute kissing photos but you can surprise him with your positive pregnancy test and let the photobooth do the work of capturing his reaction on film. Later, you can copy the strip of photos and send them to out of town relatives and friends as your pregnancy announcement.
- Have you seen the Sharpie coffee mugs on Pinterest? We think they are absolutely darling! If your man likes to begin his morning with a cup of joe, have a personalized mug waiting for him by the coffee pot with the words “you + me = baby” printed on it. Don’t feel particularly crafty? This mug requires no effort, just place it in the cupboard with his usual assortment of mugs and watch as his expression changes from confused to surprised!
- Who doesn’t love a good movie, especially if they are the star! Make a slideshow from photos of you and your husband. Let it detail your entire relationship: from friends to lovers to husband and wife, and at the end be sure to include a photo of your positive pregnancy test.
- Do you and your man do the grocery shopping together? Fill your grocery cart with prenatal vitamins and parenting magazines and see just how long it takes him to realize what you are doing.
- Pull out your video camera, or turn on the video feature on your iPhone and have your husband record you “saying hello to your out-of-town relatives” or “singing a song to your best friend” but shock him before you begin by telling him that you are pregnant. This approach works to get his reaction without making him suspicious since he is the one holding the camera.
- Like we mentioned above, no man can resist a t-shirt, nor can he resist humor. Combine the two and wear a shirt that will break the news for you. This bun in the oven shirt will bring a smile to any face!
Telling Your Families
Unlike planning a surprise for your guy, you don’t have to go about this announcement on your own! Team up with your man to create the perfect surprise for your families using these tips.
Image Credit: The Whimsical Photographer
- Use a holiday like Christmas, Easter, or Valentine’s Day to give a gift bag of baby items. Mother’s Day cards are made even more special when they are addressed to “Grandma.” It may take your mom a minute to realize what you are trying to say but when she understands you won’t soon forget the joy on her face!
- Set a place for baby at the table during a family dinner. Or during Thanksgiving sharing, mention how thankful you are for the new addition to the family.
- Are your parents music fans? Create a mix CD of their favorite tunes and some new ones they might like. At the end of the CD record you and your spouse announcing your pregnancy. Not only will this be an exciting reveal for them, but it is also a memento they can keep long after baby is born.
- Do you already have children? Let them announce the new member of the family! This “I have a secret” shirt is particularly adorable!
- If you don’t have kids already, but still like the idea of the shirt doing the talking, use that Best. Dad. Ever. shirt you got for your husband!
- Tell your mom you picked up a new outfit & ask if she likes it. When you open up the shopping bag, you pull out baby onesies and socks. Don’t know the sex yet? Use these gender neutral socks and onesie for the reveal.
- Is your family always taking photos at family gatherings? Get the whole family together for a photo and take a few of the family smiling or making crazy faces but on the last photo say “We’re Pregnant!” Don’t get so caught up in the excitement that you forget to catch that moment on camera!
- When driving out to lunch or to the mall, pull into the Expectant Mothers parking space and watch the reaction on your mom’s face as she tells you that you can’t park there. Smile smugly and tell her that, in fact, you can!
- Use a Cocoagraph! Take a cute picture of you and your husband holding your sonogram, positive pregnancy test, or a pair of empty baby shoes and put it on a bar of chocolate! Your family won’t turn down a delicious bar of chocolate and it makes your surprise even more delicious.
How did you announce your pregnancy? Let us know in the comment section!
Image Credit: The Art of Making a Baby
Tags: announce, announcement, announcing, babies, baby, clothing, daily mom, DIY, easy, essentials, family, fashion, fun, funny, helpful mom resources, humor, kids, mom, mom tips, Mommy, mommy blog, mommy tips, motherhood, natural, parenting, pregnancy, pregnant, save, shop