Have you ever been reading one of our posts and thought to yourself, “I could totally write for Daily Mom,” or “If I had written that article, I would have written it completely different”? Either way, if you’ve ever wanted to write for Daily Mom, this post is for you! The Daily Mom team is growing and we are looking for talented women who love to write.
WHO WE ARE
Daily Mom was started a couple of years ago as a medium for all things that we, as mothers, want to know and share. We are a team of women who believe in publishing informational content that has the potential to help other mothers in one way or another. Whether that be the latest in organic snack foods for toddlers or a photography tutorial, we stand behind our goal to support moms.
WHAT WE DO
Daily Mom is a little different from other websites in that you’ll find very little fluff here, no gossip, no bashing, no scandals no drama, no celebrity news. We write about things we find useful and would like to share with other moms: how-to tutorials, ideas, lists, guides, product features or anything that has the potential to help women and mothers discover new things. And we have a lot of fun while we’re at it!
We are all very like minded, but extremely different, as moms and as people. And, we have CRAZY fun together. The kind of chats that have been known to cause midnight outbursts of laughter that raise our husbands’ eyebrows. We all have the same goal of creating an AMAZING publication and there is huge pride and a sense of accomplishment from that.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Other women or men, moms and dads, single and married, with or without kids to spread their knowledge and be a part of something cool.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for writing and sharing knowledge and experience. We don’t base who we accept into our team off a set of of characteristics, because everyone is different and everyone is capable of different things that might not be reflected in their life experience. But, we are looking for individuals who have the drive and determination to put together well thought out, new and exciting articles.
WHY WRITE FOR DAILY MOM?
There are many reasons to join our team, but it really depends on the person:
- Some girls love writing for Daily Mom because it makes them feel good to be a part of something big – a part of a team of like-minded women working towards the same goal. It’s very different than writing for a small blog in the sense that you have an opportunity to collaborate, bounce ideas off of each other and help one another.
- Others enjoy the “spreading knowledge and information” part.
- Some love trying out new and exciting products and introducing them to our readers.
- Some women love the opportunity to have a bigger audience view their writing.
- But mainly, it’s just fun! Fun to have a built-in sisterhood of other writers, support of like-minded women, their experience and help, to feel the fulfillment of collaborations with others and accomplishment of very informative posts, to see your work come to life. That is often very important to those of us who stay at home with our babies, because it’s a way of feeling accomplished without leaving your kids for the day.
- A big part of it is knowing that you’re helping other women get access to information they need or are interested in.
- And finally, one of the biggest benefits our current Daily Moms have cited is huge learning potential. What they have learned at Daily Mom, from writing styles to formatting to photography, has been invaluable and self-fulfilling.
WHAT TOPICS DO WE WRITE ABOUT?
Anything a modern woman would be interested to know or learn is a good start: parenting, kids, pregnancy, TTC, health, green living, photography, etc.
TO BE MORE SPECIFIC, HERE ARE THE AREAS WE ARE MOST INTERESTED IN, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Healthy Living
- Older Kids Parenting
- Pregnancy/Postpartum Issues (pregnancy loss, infertility, adoption, PPD, etc)