Got a favorite homemade recipe that’s healthy and simple? Then consider entering it in Extended Stay America and The Food Network's national recipe contest. If you’re not into creating dishes and just want some healthy recipes easy to make away from home, we’ve got copies of the “Away From Home Cookbook” to give away to Daily Mom readers. Read more about the contest and enter our giveaway below.
National Recipe Contest
Extended Stays America Hotels and The Food Network's Sunny Anderson are hosting a contest for the best travel-friendly (read: mom-friendly!) recipe. You can read all about the contest details and enter on the official Away From Home Cooking contest page here. But here are the main details:
- Your entry should include less than 10 ingredients and require no baking or oven.
- Recipes will be judged by ease of preparation, taste and originality/creativity.
- Submit your recipe with a photo by July 7th.
- 4 finalists and 2 fan favorites will be announced August 29th and win a trip to New York to compete in a cook-off judged by Food Network’s Sunny Anderson and others.
- The winner will receive $5,000 and another trip to New York City for the Food Network’s Wine & Food Festival October 16th-19th, and their winning entry will be included in a book alongside Sunny Anderson’s recipes.
Extended Stay America Hotels
In case you’ve never heard of Extended Stay America, they operate 684 affordable hotels across the U.S. that are very family friendly. Every room features a fully equipped kitchen so you can be sure your family eats healthy while on vacation or just on the road. Rooms also include free Wi-Fi and there are on-site laundry facilities. Pets are welcome too!
Need Some Inspiration?
Browse our Food & Recipes section to get your creative juices flowing! And check out some of our favorite food articles below.
Win A Cookbook from Daily Mom
Daily Mom has 10 copies of Sunny Anderson’s current edition of the “Away From Home Cookbook”. Whether you’re going on vacation this summer or just frequently find yourself in need of some quick, healthy recipes at home, this cookbook will make a great edition to your kitchen library.
Enter the giveaway below and then head on over to the Away From Home Cooking recipe contest page to submit your own entry.
Open to US residents aged 18+ only