While you’re bound to be endlessly cooking on Thanksgiving day, your kids are going to constantly run up to you and ask “Mom, can I have something to eat?”. You can’t blame them – everything smells delicious! This year, prepare for those constant questions and make some easy Thanksgiving appetizers for everyone to snack on!
Easy Thanksgiving appetizers should be as simple as they sound! This way you can focus solely on the cooking tasks in front of you while your family (and early guests) remain fed and happy. Whether you’re needing to skip cooking breakfast or wanting to please guests before the turkey is done, here are 12 easy Thanksgiving appetizers that will delight everyone in the room!
Instead of waking up early and having to cook yet another meal (before you cook a million things), pre-make mini quiches and have them ready to pop in the oven or microwave! By using a simple muffin tin, you can create these easy Thanksgiving appetizers for the kids to snack on all morning.
- Premade Pie Dough – We like this recipe
- 1 Shallot (or 1/2 yellow onion)
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 1 cup of diced cherry blasting tomatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 10-12 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out pie dough on a flat surface. Cut pie dough to fit muffin tins. Gently lay the pie dough into each hole of the muffin tin. Use a fork and press it into the bottom of the dough to make four little holes (don’t press too hard, we don’t want the hole to be an opening).
- Dice tomatoes and shallot. Place in a mixing bowl and mix in eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chops kale into tiny pieces and fold kale into the mixture.
- Fold cheese into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into each pie muffin tin, about 3/4th the way full.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until browned on top.
These delicious and easy thanksgiving appetizers can be made ahead of time and placed in the freezer which makes this prep easier than ever.
Everybody loves cheese and crackers – it’s the perfect appetizer for any occasion! While your guests are waiting for dinner to be ready, they’re going to be staring at all the casseroles and wanting to snack. These easy Thanksgiving appetizers that Appetizer Addition has brought us are bound to keep them satisfied.
Not only will they keep your guests bellies from growling, but they’ll be snapping pictures left and right at how adorable they are!
Read More: 18 Best pumpkin spice recipes for fall
Easy Thanksgiving appetizers should be more than simply feeding your guests before dinner, they should also be absolutely aesthetically pleasing. These pomegranate goat cheese bites from Fox and Briar are an absolutely stunning presentation! The pops of color from the pomegranate mixed with a delicious goat cheese mix will fit beautifully on your appetizer table. And yes, they taste even better than they look.
These are a must-have when you’re adding things to your easy Thanksgiving appetizers list!
A delicious and sweet appetizer that is bound to have guests come back after desert for more. Maple glazed apple scones are a little tricky to make as you’ll want to keep all the ingredients as cold as possible. But if you’re up for the work, the final product is simple to die for.
Half Baked Harvest brings us a recipe that is super simple to follow! You’ll start to crave this treat each year as the weather gets colder.
Mini Avocado Toast
Here’s another breakfast treat that is so simple to make, your kids will be begging to have to every day! These cute mini avocado toasts can be customized for anyone, so don’t worry about picky eaters! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Whole Grain Baguette
- 4-5 Large Ripe Avocados
- ½ stick Softened Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Hemp seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Slice baguette into ½ inch- 1-inch slices
- Toast baguette slices for 6-7 minutes or until crisp
- Spread softened butter across each slice of bread.
- Cut avocados, remove the pit, and scoop a small amount onto each slice. Take a fork and gently press avocado until it is smooth across the top.
- Sprinkle the slices with salt, flaxseed, nutritional yeast, and top with hemp seeds.
- Optional topping – tomatoes.
Not only are these perfect and easy Thanksgiving appetizers, but they are packed full of nutritional value! A win-win!
Easy Thanksgiving appetizers don’t necessarily have to be anything super fancy. They simply have to be delicious and easy for our guests to enjoy while preparing their stomachs for the main meal. Having a few dips that you can whip up a day or two ahead of time will make your life so much easier on the big day!
Bon Appetit brings us the most delicious (and easy to follow) recipe for spinach artichoke dip. Pair it with chips, crackers, or even fresh bread!
Calling all mushroom lovers! Gravy and stuffing don’t have to be the only mushroom-filled goodies on your dinner table. These stuffed mushrooms from All Recipes are the perfect savory appetizer for Thanksgiving day. With a prep time under 15 minutes, it’ll be so easy to simply throw this recipe in with your day of cooking!
Here’s another dip to include in your easy Thanksgiving appetizers! Some of your guests (or family members) don’t love the taste of mayo or sour cream. Luckily for them, this roasted beet and walnut dip that Bon Appetit brings us is a solution for that!
Packed full of creme fraiche and topped with caraway seeds, this beet dip is absolutely mouth-watering. Plus, the pretty pink color compliments all the fall decor you have lined up on your Thanksgiving table.
Mini Pumpkin Muffins
Muffins are such easy Thanksgiving appetizers – especially for the morning of cooking! You can customize and make whichever muffins your heart desires, but we suggest you get into the holiday mood and create mini pumpkin muffins.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup of brown super
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree (or 1 can of pumpkin)
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Measure out the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour into a mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Measure out and mix vegetable oil, pumpkin, and eggs and mix them into a separate bowl.
- Add sugars into the “wet” ingredients until sugar has dissolved.
- Make a hole in the center of your dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in the center.
- Mix all ingredients slowly, ensuring that you do not over mix. When the batter is starting to show signs of being too smooth, simply press the flour with a spoon in the batter. Over mixing will cause muffins to not be as fluffy.
- Pour all ingredients into a mini muffin tin like this one here.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until muffins does not sink when you press on the tops.
These easy Thanksgiving appetizers pair perfectly with a morning cup of coffee! While you can make them in a normal muffin size, we suggest you stick with the mini muffins so your guests don’t fill up too quickly!
Read More: DIY pumpkin puree for recipes
Some of us show up to Thanksgiving eager to take the cranberry sauce and spread it across everything! To hold us over, make sure to include cranberry salsa in your list of easy thanksgiving appetizers to serve!
The sweetness of the cranberries will remind your guests of sweet mango salsa, but the spiciness of the jalapeno will set this salsa apart from all others. The best part is you can keep this in the refrigerator days ahead of time – making it super easy to serve!
No Thanksgiving is complete without deviled eggs! Deviled eggs have always been a classic and easy Thanksgiving appetizer! The fresh tarragon truly sets these deviled eggs apart from any other that you’ve had. For a healthier version, replace the mayonnaise with greek yogurt!
I’ll say it once and I’ll say it twice, Thanksgiving is nothing without herbs! Instead of using your herbs for the classic Thanksgiving meals, and tossing the rest away. Instead of tossing them in the trash (or compost) throw them in this incredible herby avocado hummus!
We can all agree that hummus is one of the best dips out there, but adding avocado to it brings this dip to a whole new level. Top with toasted pumpkin seeds to up the flavor and compliment the Thanksgiving holiday!
Letting yourself, your kids, and your guests get too hungry before dinner will only give you a stomach ache. Easy Thanksgiving appetizers will keep your guests satisfied until the big meal and add a bit of elegance and decor to your Thanksgiving dinner table!
WANT TO READ MORE?
💖 NEWSLETTER: DAILY READS IN YOUR INBOX 💖
Sign up to receive our picks for the best things to do, see and buy so you can relax and focus on more important tasks! Let us help you be the best version of yourself you can be!
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
Newsletter: Daily Mom delivered to you
Instagram: @DailyMomOfficial | @DailyMomTravel | @BestProductsClub