This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
When your little one is starting solids you’ll probably be looking for a variety of finger foods for him or her to practice self feeding with. However, it’s not always easy to find something that’s yummy and readily available, but not full of chemicals. Try making these homemade yogurt melts! This recipe makes a bunch for you to store in the freezer, so you’ll always have a few on hand. And, they’re super easy to make –they have just 2 ingredients and no added sugar! We know your little one will love them!
Ingredients & Tools
1. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
2. In the blender, combine the bananas and Greek yogurt. If your blender has a puree setting, use that. Try to avoid the liquify setting because if the mixture is too watery, it’ll be harder to work with.
3. Pour the mixture into a ziplock bag. Snip a very small bit off one of the bottom corners of the ziploc bag.
4. Squeeze the mixture through the small hole in the ziploc bag, creating yogurt discs on the parchment or wax paper. Work quickly. As the mixture warms up it will become thinner and harder to work with.
5. Once you’ve made several discs, put the entire cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes. The yogurt melts will freeze quickly. Once they’re frozen, peel them off the paper and transfer them to an airtight container.
6. Serve to baby! Because they’re frozen and they’ll melt, be sure to put a full coverage bib on your baby.
We love these large and easy to clean JJ Cole bibs because they’re PVC and phthalate free!
The best part about these yogurt melts is that they’re totally customizable! You can swap the bananas for any fruit your child loves. Try mangoes for a summery treat. Or, if your child is over one year old, strawberries are delicious too!
Bonus: The yogurt melts are great for teething babies! The sweet taste combined with their chilly frozenness is soothing for sore gums!
Photo Credit: The Quinntessential Mommy