This article may include advertisements, paid product features, affiliate links and other forms of sponsorship.
There are many Sweet Tomatoes recipes that are popular and loved. The Cream of Mushroom Soup is a favorite that is a delicious meal any time of year. If you love the cream of mushroom soup here is a Sweet Tomatoes recipe so you can make this yummy soup yourself at home.
Sweet Tomatoes Recipe: Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sauteed Mushrooms and Celery
- 10 cups 1/4″ sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups 1/2″ sliced celery
- 1/4 lb. butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
In a pot combine ingredients and saute for 15 minutes. Add to soup later. SAVE THE JUICE.
- In a pot, melt 5 tablespoons of margarine or butter and stir in 9 tablespoons of white flour. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir often.
- Add 6 1/2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of beef base, and 2 tablespoons of chicken base into the pot and bring to a low boil. Simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Add 2 cups of whole milk, 2 cups of half and half, sauteed mushrooms, celery and juice to the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields approximately 1 gallon.
Sweet Tomatoes began in San Diego in 1978 by two California surfers who wanted to create a healthy place to eat with endless possibilities. They opened a Restaurant that was committed to using fresh fruit and vegetables, soups, and baked goods made from scratch for their Sweet Tomatoes Recipes.
WANT TO READ MORE?